Keto freaks!

Hey y’all anyone out there trying this diet!? Any good must do recipes you do? I thought this would be an interesting way to loose weight! How long have you been doing Keto? What tips would you give for a beginner!?

All good things
Daisy :)

Replies

• tbraiders
    tbraiders Posts: 1 Member
    My friend does this. She is in a big Keto facebook group. I saw Reddit had a keto sub with a boatload of recipes as well.
  • jclark17
    jclark17 Posts: 6 Member
    Yup...kinda not strick for over a year and likely too much protein and not enough fat but still dropped 40 lb solid. I'm now trying to tune in the macros to "true" keto to get me through the next 15 - 20 lb I want to drop...that spare tire...doooh...it's a challenge to manage the high fat/medium protein macros. Litterally need to eat a half stick of butter straight to get there. Or, a more sane approach is to eat a high quality salad with mixed greens and a liberal dousing of high quality EVOO. That gets ya a protein free entry in your tracker. Cheese has protein, fatty meet has protein, butter on keto bread still has carbs...How do you get the fat without bringing the proteins or carbs for a rides....that is the question...
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,846 Member
    2 pcs of deli sliced cheese (muenster is great, but provolone or cheddar will do). Turkey (or lunchmeat of choice) inside using the two pcs of cheese as bread. (no real bread) I actually make 1.5 of these "sandwiches for a nice lunch. You can add mayo for extra fat if desired. Without the mayo and using muenster cheese, according to fitbit this is 2% carbs, 65% fat and 33% protein. Of course, adding mayonnaise will increase the fat. It's my perfect go-to. I hope this helps.
  • juangarcia1975
    juangarcia1975 Posts: 2 Member
    I’m 42 days keto no cheat days and this is first diet I have ever been able to stick with I hit a whooping 408 🙀scary I’m 375 now hope it stays this easy gonna start working out soon don’t wanna shock the system lol
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Hey y’all anyone out there trying this diet!? Any good must do recipes you do? I thought this would be an interesting way to loose weight! How long have you been doing Keto? What tips would you give for a beginner!?

All good things
    Daisy :)

Four years now.
    Just work to not eat more than 50 grams of carbs but finding hidden carbs was a surprise for me.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    When I did keto last winter (I’ve since returned to my vegetarian lifestyle), I found shirataki noodles near the vegan/Asian/organic section of markets. They’re 0 carbs, and very versatile.
    I enjoy them even now that I’m back on carbs, but I also love all foods.
    My keto coworker didn’t like them since they have a distinct aroma (you must rinse before cooking), and they have a similar texture to Al dente noodles.