Looking to talk with low carb, High Fat Low Carbs, Keto, Paelo people!!! Need Snack Ideas.

Hi people,

Looking to talk with low carb, High Fat Low Carbs, Keto, Paelo people!!!

I need portable snack ideas, can you list your favourites??

I'd like to eat protein snacks instead of biscuits in the office and if I got to places like the cinema for example.

Kind Regards,
Baconfrazzler

Replies

• Makkar86
    Makkar86 Posts: 131 Member
    Wassup... Feel free to chat
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    I found a great Indian snack yesterday. Haldiram's Nut Crackers--spicy coated fried peanuts. Serving size is a cup, calories 220, net 4 grams carbs (carbs 7g, fiber 3g). Better than nuts because you get a REAL serving size.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    When I did keto last winter (I’ve since returned to my vegetarian lifestyle), I found shirataki noodles near the vegan/Asian/organic section of markets. They’re 0 carbs, and very versatile.
    I enjoy them even now that I’m back on carbs, but I also love all foods.
    My keto coworker didn’t like them since they have a distinct aroma (you must rinse before cooking), and they have a similar texture to Al dente noodles.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited October 2018
    Epic Venison and Wild Zora Lamb bars are 2 of my favorites go to snacks. I don't think WZ is low carb, but you should check out their other products
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Just google "low carb paleo snacks" and you'll find hundreds of 'em! My personal choices are nuts and dried fruit, although both in limited amounts (I often mix up a trail mix and measure it into 1 oz portions of around 100-150 calories); Epic brand grass-fed meat bars (bison-cranberry and wild boar are my favs; also venison, salmon, lamb...yum!); small portions (.25 or .5 oz) of really GOOD dark chocolate (70% cacao or better) - Sirius Noi Icelandic Chocolate 70% is the best I've found; pork rinds - minimally processed from pastured pork; peeled hard-boiled eggs with a pinch of salt & pepper travel well in a small lidded plastic cup; Larabar has several flavors that are 'paleo', but are made from date paste, so still fairly high sugar.

My most successful strategy when doing paleo has always been to become mindful of my body and only eat when I am truly hungry, so no 'snacking' per se. Planning is key, so I try to make sure that I have something with me. Part of my EDC bag is to always have something to eat, something to drink (I typically stick with H2O), something to keep me dry, and something to keep me warm.

The cardinal rule of paleo, for me, is "If I was naked in the woods with a sharpened stick (OK, and a match!), could I eat this?" My only cheats are dark chocolate in limited quantity, the half n half in my morning coffee, and occasionally a slice of exceptional cheese on a burger.

Now, having said all of this, I have NOT been adhering to a paleo WOE recently, but I know I am most successful at weight loss when I pair a paleo diet with caloric restriction. Yeah, I know there are any number of folk who will argue that CICO is THE way, and I know that's true; but restricting sugars and grains and legumes, and in particular, gluten, keeps me from bloating, and restricting dairy just makes good health sense to me, tho' I do loves me some yogurt and ice cream!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    I'm not eating paleo. low carb, keto, but I'd think cheese sticks and jerky would pass muster. Fat bombs might work, too.
  • BaconFrazzler
    BaconFrazzler Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks guys for all your replys !!!!

I like to noodle idea for a meal !
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    I don’t fit into any of the categories you listed but baked prosciutto eggcups topped with chipotle mayo are awesome and might fit your criteria.
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    edited October 2018
    Almonds, macadamia nuts, and walnuts are excellent portable snacks. You just have to watch the portion size because they're so easy to overeat. Quest bars are a good sweet replacement for cookies and desserts. I figure you're not American so I'm not sure they'll be sold in grocery stores in your area, but they're available online. If you have a way to keep food cold, deli meat with cream cheese (or any other kind of cheese) and pickles is a good snack. Sugar free gum is a good thing to keep handy too.

I try to keep things as simple as possible. If you're not opposed to eating some processed foods, you have a lot of choices.

I used to be the snacking queen, I snacked constantly in between meals. Since I changed my diet to lchf, I try to eat bigger meals. That seems to really stop the urge to snack a lot. I just drink some beef broth and keep my electrolytes up if I start feeling gross.
  • Wifett3
    Wifett3 Posts: 24 Member
    Mine: cheese sticks, salami, nuts, spoonful of almond butter, cheese whisps, mozzarella pearls, pickles, avocado, wasabi seaweed snack
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    I don't do any of those diets but these are some of my low carb go to snacks
    Cottage cheese with celery
    Greek Yogurt
    Hard-boiled eggs
    Various nuts and seeds