Starting today

Options
I have been on Contrave for a couple of months now. I’m not seeing any weight loss with it. I chose Contrave because unlike other diet medications that contain things like amphetamines that speed up your metabolism so you quickly loose weight but quickly gain it back once you quit taking them I can achieve weight loss slowly over time and keep it off! Maybe counting calories will do the trick.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You have to eat less to lose weight.
  • hollyboswelldewees
    hollyboswelldewees Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The toughest part is that my husband of 22 years just started a job as a hotshot driver. Our two sons 19 and 20 are grown. I travel with him all over the United States. Kind of hard to exercise and eat healthy when you are riding in a vehicle 8-14 hours a day! A little discouraged but I think this app may give me some of the encouragement I need.
  • MineshBhanderi
    MineshBhanderi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting definitely helps. Did this a few years ago and lost weight without hardly doing any exercise.

Back on it now doing both
  • Scot0453
    Scot0453 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been on Contrave since early February. I've lost about 25 pounds (but I started out at 270 pounds at 5'9"). It has helped me tremendously. It completely wiped out my salt cravings. I've had the same bag of chips sitting on my counter since March. That has never, ever happened before. Sweet/chocolate is still a struggle.

It helps, but I still have to pay attention to how much I'm eating. I could easily sit down and mindlessly eat a giant bag of M&Ms like I used to! I've been using MFP to just keep me in check!

It also gave me death-like/desert valley dry mouth for the first few weeks! Bleugh! Better now thankfully!

Keep on keepin' on! Good luck, and I hope you start seeing more results for your efforts!
  • roberto99577
    roberto99577 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been on contrave for about 3 weeks and have lost 13 lbs. I 100% agree with scot0453. It completely wiped out my salt cravings and I think caffeine. I used to drink a lot of diet coke, and tried to quit many times. I haven't had one since I started. Sweets and chocolate I still have cravings for

First week or 2 I had really bad headaches.
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I am just starting week 4 on contrave and also take phentermine. I had some of the mild side effects but they literally disappeared the end of week 3. I am not yet convinced the contrave is really doing anything. I have lost about 10 pounds, but had already been losing and was on phentermine before my dr added contrave. I've still had a couple binge eating episodes (although they weren't near as bad as what I used to put away) and **think** I've noticed that some things just don't taste as good anymore but no really big "ah-ha" moment.
  • chrissietiny
    chrissietiny Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm not on any meds but I'd love to support you in your journey. Feel free to add me. :)
  • destinyjones0914
    destinyjones0914 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My doctor just started me on phentermine and wants me to start contrave later on. I’m only on day 3 . Feel free to add me , could use the support & would love to hear if anyone has had success
  • GammaSmasher71
    GammaSmasher71 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I lost 120lbs with no exercise at all(I have started now)It's definitely all about what you eat and how much. This app was invaluable, couldn't have done it without it.
  • Ashwhi89
    Ashwhi89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just started phentermine on Nov 6. As of today I've lost 8 lb. Im on a 1200 cal a day sw 174 cw 166 height 5'1 gw 135