4'11, keto? Fasting?

Options
So some back story Im 31, f , 143-147 lbs 4'11
Pear shaped. I have a lot of hobbies that requires long periods of sitting crochet, sewing, jewelry, Photoshop, ect and work and home school I'll max get a 30 min jog or 60 min yoga if im lucky a hike.
I haven't seen any progress with traditional healthy choices or a yogic diet (ive cut out all soda, sweet tea ect and nothing , switched to black coffee rarely drink nothing!) So this week I cut my calories to 900 and started a 16:8 fast with a move towards a keto diet. Is anyone else having these troubles? Advise? Thoughts?

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Thanks guys i would say if im at 900 cal that leaves room for error so you're cry I'm probably closer to a thousand calories. And when its set to 1000 its probably closer to 1200-1300. I would say all the weight is in the gut and legs and i really dont care about the legs beibg thick/ strong but this gut needs busted! I will look into the dirty keto i never herd of it! Thank you guys

the recommendation for an adult female that is not active but out of bed is 1200. you are short so there may be some wiggle room if you are super non active (like little to no steps all day) but 900 is still likely very unhelathy unless supervised by a doctor.

But ultimately why guess? Why play rushing roulette and "hope" for the best and keep changing tatics? Why not do the diet thing right and weigh/log food to see what you really are eating, enter you stats in MFP to see what you should be eating for a .5lb/week loss and stick to that for a few weeks.

Weight loss is about eating fewer calories than you spend (but not soo many fewer that you deprive your body of required nutrients to survive).

eating clean won't help with weight loss. you can chose to fast or not if that helps you stick to your calorie goal but fasting itself won't help the loss. And you can try Keto if eating high fat low carb helps you stick to your caloric goal but keto itself won't help you loose the weight (and keep it off) more than any other diet.

• sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,735 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:
    6. Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders
    I WILL:
    • I will allow members to share experiences without judgment. Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal. A growing list of support resources can be found on our Eating Disorder Resources page.
    • I will understand that people have a complicated relationship with food.

I WON’T:
    • I won’t use any aspect of our service to promote anorexia, bulimia or any unsafe dieting practices.
    • I won’t promote very low-calorie diets.
    • I won’t diagnose other members.
    If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Sugar
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.