What is the highest amount of calories that you have consumed in one day ("cheat-day"?)?

Options
2»

Replies

• MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    I've learned recently that people here get really sensitive if you use the term "cheat day" haha. Since I have been logging, my max is about 3000 calories. But before I started logging, I wouldn't be surprised if I had days that were 2 or 3 times that.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    New high yesterday 7388 :o whoops
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Xmas 2016 iirc was 5500 calories. Ate a lot of cookies and chocolates.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Since I started a healthier life style and joined MFP, I went over 3.000 calories a couple of times. Starting weight 170 kg, 375 pounds. I used to be able to eat about 7.000 calories once in a while, but that was some years ago.
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    FL_Hiker wrote: »

5’4 female 114 lbs, my day today and I’m still hungry lol... I feel like I could have easily eaten 3,000 more calories. Now i understand runger.

And then you have people saying " look at so and so, she eats so much and doesn't gain weight. I have bad genes" without looking at the CO part of what you do.

Personally I don't know my max. Whenever I track it's because I have decided to eat less. I'll see when I reach maintenance.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    MsBaz2018 wrote: »
    FL_Hiker wrote: »

5’4 female 114 lbs, my day today and I’m still hungry lol... I feel like I could have easily eaten 3,000 more calories. Now i understand runger.

And then you have people saying " look at so and so, she eats so much and doesn't gain weight. I have bad genes" without looking at the CO part of what you do.

Personally I don't know my max. Whenever I track it's because I have decided to eat less. I'll see when I reach maintenance.

Yep I work hard for my food LOL! Of course on my birthday and thanksgiving I’m probably not going to log... those are special days and I’m not going to worry about it 😊.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    angelsja wrote: »
    That I've logged 6621 on days I've not logged could have been more who knows?

This. And I’m 5’1” and about 113 lbs currently 🙈🙊
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the most high calorie day in my life has been. I have logged the past couple of Thanksgivings though and had between 1,400 and 2,000 calories.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Before consciously watching what I eat I had to log a typical week for a nutrition project. 3000 calories a day average.

Now that I'm logging daily I recall a 4100 calorie day of emotional eating.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    12000-15K in a day🙋‍♂️
  • DvoycY
    DvoycY Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    From yesterday:

https://imgur.com/a/jVI7yLu

6000 maximum. Begun at lunch. Honestly, was expecting more but was stuffed, although plenty of salads.

Any tips to improve the experience? Start eating earlier in the day?
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    No idea, but when I was recovering from my eating disorder and had to gain weight, I once had 4 days of basically binging on every food I had restricted myself from. All vegan, but junk food like every flavor of “so delicious” or “coconut bliss” ice cream, bread, an entire vegan pizza, raw vegan desserts, tons of sandwiches, burritos, Veg-eggs, and when I was trying to get back on track to being healthy I would just squirt ketchup onto all my vegetables. Like...lots of ketchup.
    I was probably averaging 7,000-10,000 calories for each of those 4 days, tbh.
  • mooreks81
    mooreks81 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    On my worst days I really lose track. But my guess is about 4000 calories. My goal is 1200 so that's pretty bad, ha! On Saturday I probably had about 2500 or 3000. I did exercise a lot that day but still definitely went way over!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    One day, not sure. I did go on a four day weekend bender in Chicago once and gained ten pounds. My Aria fit bit scale displayed "welcome guest" when I stepped on, that hurt.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I think it was 6000 or something. This was after a 250km bike ride. I didn't even feel like eating but knew I should.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    One day, not sure. I did go on a four day weekend bender in Chicago once and gained ten pounds. My Aria fit bit scale displayed "welcome guest" when I stepped on, that hurt.

At least it didn’t say ouch. 😁
  • Kimmotion5783
    Kimmotion5783 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Before consciously watching what I eat I had to log a typical week for a nutrition project. 3000 calories a day average.

Now that I'm logging daily I recall a 4100 calorie day of emotional eating.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who has done that (emotional eating). It makes me feel better and less guilty about my bad days.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    5000 calories on a cheat day will undo all the work I've done an entire week. This is why people yoyo. I don't do that. I just have reasonable amounts of whatever I want and work it into my daily numbers.