When did this happen!?

Options
withchaco
withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
I went cloth shopping today, and picked up a pair of size 8 jeans, hoping to fit in comfortably. The last pair of jeans I bought is size 12, which I purchased back in early July or late June, and they got too big for me a while ago.

Well... size 8 was HUGE on me. I fit in size 6 now! Furthermore, I can wear size 4 too -- very snug, but I can button them up and walk around without suffocating myself.

All I could think was, WOW. WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? I mean, I was wearing size 16W back in April... I couldn't even pull size 14 jeans up all the way.

Then I knew. It happened during the seemingly countless sweaty hours I spent on the elliptical. It happened every time I struggled to finish the last rep of the last set. It happened every time I told myself "I've eaten enough for today. Let's just go to sleep; I don't need any more food."

Yay me! Funny thing is, recently I noticed I was getting bigger around the shoulders. I was wondering if I was building more muscle on my shoulders... Nope, my shoulders have stayed the same; it was the rest of me getting smaller! :happy:

Replies

• LuneBleu85
    LuneBleu85 Posts: 217
    Options
    That is so awesome! Way to go!! :)
  • onetwentysomething
    onetwentysomething Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    OMG this is so inspiring!!! I'm a size 16 right now, you lost a lot really quickly :) I've been spending a lot of time on the elliptical, glad to hear it pays off!
  • LoreeBelle
    LoreeBelle Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Now that is progress! And INSPIRATION! Congrats!!! :o)
    Peace,
    Loree
  • sunrize_sc
    sunrize_sc Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Keep it up! You inspire me!
  • CandiJo1
    Options
    CONGRATS... That's AWESOME :)

What are your tricks, besides the elliptical? I am taking in all kinds of different suggestions!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Well congratulations to you!!! That is supremely awesome!
  • trini14
    trini14 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! I love the elliptical, its my bestie :) yesterday I did the interval training for the first time and didnt modify the levels :) Cheers to you!!
  • CherrySunday
    Options
    OMG!!! Congrats!!! That must have been SUCH a cool feeling! I remember when I got back in my 14s -- and now I can almost button up my 12s! I can totally feel your enthusiasm, and it's so contagious! Yay!!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful "surprise" for you! Great work, you've earned it and you deserve it! :flowerforyou:
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I still find it hard to believe; I still have all these big jiggly bits on my body. I will keep working hard and make them disappear forever. :happy:
  • nancyscalories
    Options
    Congrats! Go you!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Very Awesome.. My gym has a eclipical stair climb thing that I've aptly name the machine that was designed and delivered from satan. Nothing makes my legs hurt like that machine. I love the bikes and the treadmill but I only do 5 minute spurts on the machine from satan.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!