NSV and less pain

Options
EvaJanes
EvaJanes Posts: 37 Member
So many NSV today that I just needed to share mine

I went to The Running Room today to get fitted for new running sneakers (DH and I are training for a 10mile road race next summer) and I discovered 2 things.

1. I have been wearing the wrong type of sneakers for my feet. They actually had too much support for my feet and was causing massive amounts of foot pain. I was thinking I needed more support when in fact I needed less. So it means I can wear cheaper sneakers ($100 for a really good pair vs the $200+ that i thought I needed to spend on the really supportive ones). After 3 hours with the new shoes my foot pain that has been almost constant for the past 3 months is almost gone, so is the hip pain)) BTW some foot doctors are full of $&%& and don't know what they are talking about. Now I just need to find some nice new black shoes for work that do not have high arch support in them..the opposite of what I have been told.

2 While at the store I decided to try on some jackets (I am secretly coveting a Running Room jacket) I automatically reach for the large which I have been wearing for the past 3-4 years and it was WAY to big...so I try the medium, and it was still kinda roomy. I was thinking NO WAY so I try the small and even though it was snug in the hips it still fit me and would be OK as long as I am not wearing jeans or other heavy pants. I decided to wait for another 5-10 lbs loss before I get my jacket. But I well have my Running Room Jacket and I well wear it proudly when I run. ... 6 months ago 30 seconds of running and I thought I would die now I can run/fast walk for over an hour and feel great.

Replies

• vegansara
    vegansara Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Great on both of those, very happy for you!!
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    That is impressive! Good for you!
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    So many NSV today that I just needed to share mine

I went to The Running Room today to get fitted for new running sneakers (DH and I are training for a 10mile road race next summer) and I discovered 2 things.

1. I have been wearing the wrong type of sneakers for my feet. They actually had too much support for my feet and was causing massive amounts of foot pain. I was thinking I needed more support when in fact I needed less. So it means I can wear cheaper sneakers ($100 for a really good pair vs the $200+ that i thought I needed to spend on the really supportive ones). After 3 hours with the new shoes my foot pain that has been almost constant for the past 3 months is almost gone, so is the hip pain)) BTW some foot doctors are full of $&%& and don't know what they are talking about. Now I just need to find some nice new black shoes for work that do not have high arch support in them..the opposite of what I have been told.

2 While at the store I decided to try on some jackets (I am secretly coveting a Running Room jacket) I automatically reach for the large which I have been wearing for the past 3-4 years and it was WAY to big...so I try the medium, and it was still kinda roomy. I was thinking NO WAY so I try the small and even though it was snug in the hips it still fit me and would be OK as long as I am not wearing jeans or other heavy pants. I decided to wait for another 5-10 lbs loss before I get my jacket. But I well have my Running Room Jacket and I well wear it proudly when I run. ... 6 months ago 30 seconds of running and I thought I would die now I can run/fast walk for over an hour and feel great.

Thanks for sharing the important info you found about shoes! wow, who wouldn't want to save a hundred bucks?!!

This is a great NSV, to go clothes shopping and pick from the size you want to fit into, congrats!!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!