Im having a hardtime

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Hey everyone im recently starting my weight loss journey and im hard time im at my highest weight 428 and i want to be at my goal weight of 260-275 i am currently on blood thinners Coumadin and don't which lifestyle change is right for me i really need the help before its to late and suggestions are welcome to help me along this way

The most important thing for weight loss is calories. Just start logging and hitting your calorie goal. Make small incremental changes and learn as you go. Move more, however you can. I'm not a doctor or RD so I can't speak to any dietary changes you might need to make for any medical conditions you might have. Check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each board, lots of good info there. Be patient. Lots of folks have lost lots of weight here :smile: Good luck!

@lacarlabrown2914 another vote for small incremental changes. People can burn out easily if they try to change everything too fast.
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    need some more info about what you are having a hardtime with? Diet, exercise, speed of change, sticking to your plan....

I would not be surprised if you have been eating in excess of 3000-4000/cal/d. Subtle, slow changes that allow you to gradually move to a healthy lifestyle will be easier to do. The sooner you come to the conclusion this will take quite a while (1-2yr), the better. We all have a tendency to want immediate results once we finally decide to take action. Unfortunately it comes off about as slowly as it went on.

You have made the most important step. That is deciding to make a meaningful change. The next step will take devising a plan you can stick to and then doing it day in day out until you achieve results you want. Wash, rinse, repeat. Your plan will need to change slowly as you make progress. Keep it simple, and do what you can. Carb, keto, or whatever others are doing is unimportant to you now. Do what you can, and be reasonable so it is a sustainable change. That's not to say take it easy, but at the same token you need to come up with a plan that works without being too drastic that you end up failing.
  • kazminchu
    kazminchu Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    +1 for small changes. Don't try to do too much too fast, it's much better to make one easy change you can stick to, and then add things one at a time as you get better at it.

My personal input, which a lot of people will disagree with but works for me, is actually to NOT weigh every single thing you eat. For someone starting out, it seems like a very daunting task, and even now as an experienced MFPer, I just can't be bothered to weigh out prepackaged things. When I was obese I found just weighing the majority of things was enough for me to lose weight at a very healthy rate. I'm now just over normal weight, I've never weighed packaged goods.

So, if the prospect of weighing everything is scaring you, don't worry! You can lose a lot of weight by being reasonably accurate. It's only when you get down to a small deficit with little weight to lose that accuracy is key. Of course if you're happy weighing everything then it's a good habit to get into!

Best of luck, you can easily do this! <3