Not really new, just new to being involved..

Options
You know that old adage, where people trying to lose weight are told that it's better with friends?

I need friends. I've tracked and tracked, but without someone there with me, knowing what I'm going through and there to help on the bad days and for me to help in return, I'm lost. My best friend just moved to AZ, and I'm stuck.

So here I am, opening up and tracking and getting involved in the community here. Here's to (hopefully) the last shot at losing weight I'll ever have to make. This one's gonna stick!

Replies

• kdelost630
    kdelost630 Posts: 199
    Options
    HEY! It most definitely is easier to do it with support from friends. Please feel free to add me! :)
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Being a part of this community has certainly helped me. I just moved to a new city so I know what it's like doing this without friends. I'll add you & maybe we can be supportive of each other :smile:
  • SusM321
    SusM321 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    My daughter introduced me to MFP a lil over a month ago...love it! Having my friends here is so very helpful. Tons of amazing & inspirational people here!! We can all take this journey together! Feel free to friend me if you like.
  • dk_runs
    dk_runs Posts: 106
    Options
    That's me in a nutshell. I joined a fitness challenge for August and have met some awesome people! Before that, I was just using the calorie tracker and was not involved with the online community at all. Feel free to add me as a friend! The more support the better :)
  • emmebeth
    emmebeth Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I absolutely know what you're talking about! My husband is doing this program with me, and although he is technically following the same rules as I am, he is losing much more weight much more quickly than I am, and many of my friends are not into being healthy and eating right... so a lot of the time I feel like I'm on my own! I would love to be friends and cheer each other on!!
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! I like giving support if i get it back on occasion =3
  • aliciaday
    Options
    Wow! All of this is making my heart all warm and fuzzy. Thanks guys! :)
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm starting a 6 week challenge called Sexy in Six. I just posted the information on the forums. Check it out! We'd love to have you! It's going to be a positive, encouraging, interactive support system to lose weight. Any ladies are welcome to join!
  • SiyaL8R
    SiyaL8R Posts: 17
    Options
    Ditto. I've been tracking my calories and exercise for a month, but only posted for the first time this week. I am in a new city on the east coast and my friends and family are all on the west coast. Its a challenge and blessing. By blessing I mean out of the eyes of judgement I sometimes get from my family, especially my sister. She has never had weight issues and is an avid runner.
  • Annellie
    Options
    My daughter put this app on my phone 1 month ago. I started using it yesterday and I think I'm in love. I am a visual and goal oriented girl and it is so much fun to track my calories and see how all my hard work is paying off. Having friends to share in my and their success is just a bonus. Feel free to add me if you like. Would be great to cheer you on!:flowerforyou: