WHAT TIME TO WEIGH IN?

Options
I know I weigh less in the a.m. but is that the most accurate time? What time does everyone weigh themselves? I don't update my morning weight because I assume it's not my "real" weight

Replies

• Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning.
  • abertawe2
    Options
    I weigh in once a week at the same time in the morning. It does not matter what time you weigh in as long as it is the same time!:happy:
  • rara29510
    rara29510 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I always weigh in the mornings.. however, I think I just like the way it looks.. lol! But I record my weight every Tuesday night after my exercise session with my girlfriends... It's like our own little "weigh-in" party! I'm not sure which one would be the most accurate... As long as you weigh the same day and time of each week, you should be pretty close to accurate.. :)
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    morning
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You will never get a "real" weight - it isn't something fixed but very variable that will fluctuate throughout the day/week as you eat drink, exercise, sweat, use the bathroom etc.

Just pick a time and stick to it. Like lots of other people I weigh in first thing in the morning, after I've used the bathroom and before I eat or drink anything.
  • BuckeyeBabe10
    BuckeyeBabe10 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning as well. It's certainly the time of day when you weight the "least" because you haven't eaten since the night before and your body has rested, digested and gravity hasn't played a large part on pulling you down throughout the day.

I don't think it really matters what time of day you weigh yourself as long as you are consistently weighing yourself at that same time every time you weigh yourself. So, if you like to weigh yourself first thing in the morning, the best comparison for how much weight you've lost a week later would be that same time frame in the morning...otherwise your comparison isn't really stable in the first place.

Good luck! :o)
  • homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Most people, myself included weigh in first thing in the morning. You always weigh more at night than you do in the morning. I think that will vary according to what you have put into your body throughout the day. However whatever time you decide to use for your weigh in time, it should be consistent.
  • CandiJo1
    Options
    I weigh in once a week at the same time in the morning. It does not matter what time you weigh in as long as it is the same time!:happy:

This is what I do to. Every Wednesday morning :)
  • kajones2009
    kajones2009 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I weigh when i go to the gym, after I get off the treadmill, and before I have dinner!
  • sharonus
    sharonus Posts: 102
    Options
    Definitely in the morning -- on Monday every week, preferably after I've peed. :) I don't want what I've eaten during the day to affect my weight.
  • Manda3183
    Manda3183 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've always been told that to get your most accurate weight, it should be first thing in the morning (after using restroom if necessary) before eating or doing anything to engage your muscles - ideally wearing minimal clothing. Of course, if that doesn't work for you, I think the next best thing is just to make sure its at the same time of day and (if female) the same time of the month if weighing in monthly.
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    In the morning is when you'll be at your lowest weight, so do your business, take off your clothes and weigh yourself, especially before the shower. noticed i gain 4 lbs because my hair holds so much water.....>.<
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    You're suppose to weigh yourself when you wake up, before you eat anything and on the same day every week... (:
    I had been going by the scales, but I think measurements and how you feel are a better way !
  • lframent
    lframent Posts: 33
    Options
    In the morning when you first wake up. Don't weigh in daily or multiple times in a day as your weight tends to fluctuate between anywhere from 1 to 3 pounds throughout the day. :)