Breakfast Ideas?

ybbagg
ybbagg Posts: 1 Member
I always skipped breakfast, so it’s hard for me to decide what to eat for breakfast. Do you guys have any ideas for breakfast? Right now, I have oatmeal, blueberries, strawberries, milk, and unsalted almonds.

Replies

• tdhenderson06
    tdhenderson06 Posts: 1 Member
    I normally eat 1-2 boiled eggs, 2 slices of turkey bacon and instant oatmeal.
    You can also make a protein shake in the morning with your favorite fruits and almond milk or coconut milk.
  • bbybrd4031
    bbybrd4031 Posts: 6 Member
    I saw on Pinterest a couple of really good sounding "oatmeal in a jar" options
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I usually like to keep my breakfast at or below 200 calories. I find that I am perfectly satisfied by a very small breakfast and then I have way more calories leftover to have a larger lunch & dinner (or snacks, but I don't usually choose to snack).

Some of the things I have in regular rotation (along with a mug of black coffee or chicory tea):

Greek yogurt (plain or with fruit)
    A cooked egg & slice of toast or 1/2 English muffin
    Oatmeal with a spoonful each of PB&J mixed into it
    Steel cut oats (soaked overnight and cooked in the A.M.) with dried fruit & a few chopped nuts
    cereal with unsweetened almond milk
    Bean sprout omelet w/ sriracha and 1/2 orange
    Egg taco on a small tortilla with salsa
    Multigrain freezer waffle w/ sugar free syrup & veggie sausage
    Hard boiled egg and mango smoothie made with hemp protein & almond milk
    French toast with sugar free syrup and sometimes veggie sausage
    1/2 avocado on toast with a fried egg
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    If you have decided that you want to eat breakfast (despite popular belief, it isn't required for weight loss), eat what you like. There are no rules about breakfast. Personally, I stick to a few go-tos. Half a bagel, a turkey sausage, veggie and egg patty* and some kind of fruit is my first choice. Another of my favorites is a wedge of laughing cow cheese on an english muffin with some deli ham or turkey and fruit. I will do a breakfast burrito every once in a while. In a pinch, greek yogurt with fruit and granola works too. These things keep me full and satisfied. I make the breakfast patties ahead and freeze them. They take 2 to 3 minutes to heat up depending on the microwave strength. I can provide the recipe for the breakfast patties if they sound interesting to you.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited October 2018
    Not a breakfast person but my first meal is usually a peanut butter and banana sandwich with coffee. Or, leftovers from supper.
  • HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    I used to never eat breakfast. Now I still either skip breakfast or have one that is mostly proteins and fats. My favorite is a burger patty, beef or turkey, topped with a poached or fried egg. Sometimes it's some other leftover meat from dinner the night before. Very filling.

If I start early in the day with too many carbs I go nuts on carbs all day. *I'm not low carb but I can seriously devour way too many carbs calories🤐. I save carbs for later in the day.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    My favorite breakfast is over easy eggs atop a baked potato with salsa. This usually sates me for many hours.

And like many said, eating breakfast is not required.
  • jenniday1229
    jenniday1229 Posts: 27 Member
    I used to never eat breakfast. Now I still either skip breakfast or have one that is mostly proteins and fats. My favorite is a burger patty, beef or turkey, topped with a poached or fried egg. Sometimes it's some other leftover meat from dinner the night before. Very filling.

If I start early in the day with too many carbs I go nuts on carbs all day. *I'm not low carb but I can seriously devour way too many carbs calories🤐. I save carbs for later in the day.

Similar on the proteins and fats and the effect of too many carbs for breakfast for me, except I MUST eat breakfast or I feel hungry all day regardless of what I eat.

I usually have 1/2 avocado on thin sliced Dave's Killer Bread toast with either a medium egg or smoked salmon on top. Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel seasoning helps create the flavor profile of an everything bagel with cream cheese and lox, which is on my top craveable list.

• amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    I eat anything I want , as long as it is a balanced pile of foods.
    Rice and beans with a fried egg,
    Spinach and fried eggs with grits.
    Spring rolls with shrimp or pork and veggies.
    Oatmeal with yogurt and berries.
    Just some examples of things i eat, any meal , breakfast , lunch or dinner.
  • FitVVitch
    FitVVitch Posts: 10 Member
    Breakfast is my favorite! Usually I scramble up some eggs with rice and some vegetables. Lately I’ve been frying eggs and putting them on baked potatoes!
  • jflongo
    jflongo Posts: 289 Member
    I always workout in the morning fasted. Once I get home I make this.

3 - 4 Servings Egg Whites
    3 Whole Eggs
    1 Chicken Sausage cutup
    28oz part skim mozzarella cheese
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Boiled eggs are usually a go to for me, but I've also taken to making muffin cup omlettes ahead of time and eating them over the week. Basically, you take buy a muffin tin, take an egg, break it in the muffin cup, whisk it, and add your favorites (cheese, ham, veggies, etc), and bake it in the oven. They are simple and good to eat throughout the week.
  • dajahshannon
    dajahshannon Posts: 16 Member
    I like to scramble 1-2 eggs with onion, red and green bell peppers and a quarter piece of a skinless turkey sausage cut up. It’s like a scrambled omelette, I have that with whatever fruits I choose to juice that morning.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Yummy suggestions!!!!!
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    My go to breakfasts are Kodiak pancakes, omelettes, and breakfast burritos made with a high fiber wrap.
  • bigbandjohn
    bigbandjohn Posts: 769 Member
    Depends on your likes and dislikes. Some like cereals. For that, Oatmeal is great. I'm an egg person. I pre-make breakfast wraps (about 240 calories on average) and freeze them so if I don't have time to cook in the morning I can grab and go. Yogurt with (homemade) granola is good as well. Maybe you're a toast/english muffin person. make that with some nut butter you like and an all-fruit spread (or banana). Also, some muffins can be made very healthy (and potentially low calorie). I love molasses bran muffins.
  • waynecarrigan
    waynecarrigan Posts: 2 Member
    I rotate based on how I feel. Oats, eggs & legumes are batch prepared on weekends.

1. Steal cut oats w/ walnuts, hemp hearts, chia seeds, flax seeds and a small amount of fruit/jam/maple syrup.
    2. Two hard boiled eggs w/ legumes (lentils or beans).
    3. Vegan protein shake w/ unsweetened almond milk, banana, blueberries,and chia seeds

I drink 2 glasses of cold water before breakfast and a bullet proof coffee after.
  • allarounddice
    allarounddice Posts: 39 Member
    I just created a new healthier breakfast meal for myself. I take a one of the short red plastic cups cut up have of a banana in slices and mash those down with a spoon and sprinkle some cinnamon on top. Then I put about 3-4 tablespoons of plain greek yogurt and sprinkle a little more cinnamon. Then I take a handful of honey nut cheerios and sprinkle them on the top and push them down with a spoon. Then I place a ziplock baggie over it and carry it off to work with me. When I eat it, I try to bring some of the banana mixture to the top and some of the cheerios to the bottom. The sweetness of the bananas mixes with the creaminess of the yogurt and the cheerios gives it a little crunch. It is very healthy and not too many calories or carbs.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    250g Yogurt and 125g berries, generally raspberries, blueberries or blackberries. I use Liberte 2% plain greek and sweeten it up with a tbsp of agave syrup. The sweetened stuff from the manufacturer is too sweet and I prefer the taste of agave to any other sweetener in my yogurt.

250g of cottage cheese with a piece of fruit on the side is my other go to. Usually an orange, banana or apple. Some people put fruit in their cottage cheese but that is an affront to man and God in my books.