Is this a success?

Options
memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
I have been on a salad kick lately and I either have no dressing or light ranch. Well I ordered a salad and forgot to say "Light" ranch. I put a LITTLE bit of the regular ranch on my salad and the taste was so strong, almost overwhelming! I didn't particularly like it.Thank goodness I only put a dab!!!!

Can that be a success? Did I trick my tastebuds into liking something that is better for me?

Memaw

Replies

• memaw66
    Options
    I have been on a salad kick lately and I either have no dressing or light ranch. Well I ordered a salad and forgot to say "Light" ranch. I put a LITTLE bit of the regular ranch on my salad and the taste was so strong, almost overwhelming! I didn't particularly like it.Thank goodness I only put a dab!!!!

Can that be a success? Did I trick my tastebuds into liking something that is better for me?

Memaw
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I'd say losing your taste for fattening foods would qualify as a success! :drinker:

Gotta take our atta-boys/girls where we can! :wink:
  • kimmaboo
    Options
    i gave up soda and now its too sweet so i think the same goes fro fattining foods
  • happenstance82
    Options
    Absolutely!

CONGRATS!!!
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    When i eat out I always get the full cal dressings but have it on the side. i never like their light versions (I have ones at home I like) and by dipping instead of pouring i usially eat only 1/3 of the dressing and get all the taste for about the same (and sometimes less) calories!

I wish I liked the light dressings! If I dipped those I'd use barely any cals on dressings at all!

Great job! :drinker:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I totally agree good for you!!
  • memaw66
    Options
    Years ago I would drink gallons of sweet tea per day, now I CAN'T STAND sweet tea!!! I was known for my sweet tea but now it makes me gag!!!!

Funny how we change!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Do you feel better about your choices? Are you happier with yourself and your self-control? Then by all means baby, success away. That's awesome.

My little tiny success was my son got a yummy vanilla milkshake from Chik Fila last night and I didn't even have one little tiny sip. Wanted to lick the straw, but threw what was left down the sink and in the trash after he went to bed.

The little steps make up the big shabang.

GREAT JOB!!! and thanks for sharing. It's encouraging.
  • memaw66
    Options
    I have been very proud of my choices lately!

One of our couple friends stayed with us over the long holidays (Chritmas/New Year). They left a box of ice creams in our freezer. They are STILL in there and haven't been touched. They are sitting right next to the Skinny Cow ice creams and not even bothering me!!!! Now THAT is a success!!!!:laugh: :laugh:

Memaw
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Completely a success!

My once-loved-now-nemesis food is grease. I can't stand anything with grease on it, it makes me want to hurl. I can't eat chips, fried foods, even things cooked with butter. :sick:

Congratulations!
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    yep, a success! :laugh:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    yes, such a wonderful success, keep up the great work.
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Of course it is, every little change is a scuccess!! Congrats and tk for sharing !! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!