Self love

Options
This is my second time on here trying to make a lifestyle change, first time round I lost 70lbs and over the last 2 years I have gained around 30lb back. I’m not concerned tho, I have done it once I can do it again and I’m a big believer if you set your mind to something there is no reason you can’t achieve it as long as you stick to the grind (not easy I know)

My motivation is SELF LOVE, last time I lost all the weight worrying about what everyone else was thinking of me,putting pressure on my self to fit in, listening to negativity, seeing ppl take time to talk to me when before they wouldn’t give me the time of day (sad isn’t it), going from ppl telling me in fat to ppl asking if I was starving myself and shoving food under my nose. 🤷🏼‍♀️ just can’t win with some ppl.

Well this time it’s for ME, showing my self some love!! Hoping to find some like minded support along the way, add away😊.

Positive vibes only ✌🏻

Replies

• kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Yesssss! In your post I hear a lot of what has gotten me this far in my journey.

Here is what I told myself and still tell myself:
    - Sitting around eating whatever I want has made me feel physically and mentally awful
    - I deserve to feel better
    - I will feed myself nutritiously, move my body, get fresh air in nature, and get lots of sleep because I love myself, just like I ensure my children get these things daily because I love them and care for their well-being.
  • Selfloveclub
    Selfloveclub Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Exactly :)

Instead of seeing this process as a chore, let’s injoy the process and that feeling of waking up in the morning knowing your hitting your goals 🙌🏻
  • heartofhearts
    heartofhearts Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That's super awesome you've managed to burn off 70 pounds in the past. I like your mindset. I know it's not easy to possess 24 7 though. I've had family members act as though of someone like me is huge. You'd think I was 400 pounds when at the time I had 50 to 60 to lose. It's ironic though, there were times where I lost some weight & they would say that I shouldn't lose "too much" weight. That I shouldn't be skinny. I try not to even talk to them or go around them anymore.
  • Selfloveclub
    Selfloveclub Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yeah I know a few ppl like that, best to rise above it!! Good on you hun for not letting them pull you down anymore :smiley: