Feeling hopeless. 😔

Options
Last night while laying in bed with my husband. I felt like a giant cuddling up next to him. Sex is the worst I feel disgusting he doesn’t say a word ever about weight. I’m sure he thinks it.. I know he loves me But.. I don’t love me 😞 i started my app back up today Here I go again.. wish me luck.

Replies

• jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Making the first step is usually the hardest. You have all the tools at your disposal, you know what to do, and I'm sure you can do it. You'll find a lot of great advice and support in this group! No need to feel hopeless! Take a good long look at the success stories - they are so inspiring, and there are a lot of people there, who once felt exactly like you do now.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Good luck..feel free to add me I'm on every day
  • monicas6378
    monicas6378 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I got to my tipping point yesterday. We have very similar stories. Let's do this!
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    As a man I go through this as well. Its the dysmorphia hijacking your rational brain. You are taking a good first step. So lets try to get away from the irrational to the rational. Set small goals, weekly or monthly. He loves you, all of you. If you're really worried, open up a discussion with him. Don't imagine what someone is thinking when you can let them tell you themselves.
  • Deborah271
    Deborah271 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, I’m sick of feeling fat, sick & tired but I know nothing is going to change unless I’m willing to step up to the plate. I’m sitting here overwhelmed because I had my breakfast only two and a half hours ago and I want to eat already, I choose to get on here instead, wising you all the best!
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I remember feeling like that. Just take your time and get your eating habits sorted out. You can do it! If I can lose 100 pounds and keep them off, anyone can. I second the success stories suggestion. It always helps to see that others have done it. You can do it and then you will inspire someone else down the road.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    When I started, I just disconnected myself from anything but the process. Didn't weigh myself, just logged food and tried to get moving. About 10 weeks later, I realized that my jeans were falling off :). THEN, I weighed myself.
  • missskinnieminnie
    Options
    I want my jeans to fall off! I wanna feel better about myself. You have no idea!
  • mihalickjoanne
    mihalickjoanne Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    misskinnieminnie In March of this year I saw a photo of me at my fattest and I was shocked. I had a moment of disgust and then began the work one step at a time one day at a time. You are so much more than your weight and that is who you need to get back to loving. Just track everything and don't be so hard on yourself.
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Nothing is ever hopeless unless you stop working at it. MFP is great if you use it. Buy a food scale and weigh everything you eat. Honest logging is key to success. You can do this!