Struggle Bus

Options
irotmarie
irotmarie Posts: 10 Member
I’m really struggling this week. I’ve been sticking to plan religiously and documenting everything but today I gained weight. I dropped 5 pounds in the first week so seeing that it went up really upset me. I know weight can fluctuate a lot in women but it really got me down. Any one else having similar struggles?

Replies

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Yes! In fact, this is where I usually start to doubt that I can do it and quit. Hang in there. I've learned that yes you will have losses and then gains. It depends on so many things why that happens: hormones, sodium intake, exercise and your body is doing it's own thing in there as well. I started out losing 4 lbs the first week then by the end of that week I had gained 2 lbs back and it frustrated me but I hung in there and lost another 2 lbs this week for a 6 lb loss and this morning went back up 2 lbs again. Thought about my day yesterday and I had a Healthy Choice "frozen" meal at lunch that was loaded with sodium no doubt so I'm likely holding on to that still today. But even if I have only had a 2 lb loss I've only been at this for 2 weeks and that's pretty dang good.

I'm a weigher. I try not to do it but end up every day weighing myself. I keep track of it on the happy scale app. The best thing to do is measure your body. Measure once a week or every other week or once a month and you will definitely see the change there most likely. I can tell my face is thinning out a little and I feel a lot less puffy in my shoulder and chest areas when I put on t-shirts. But the scales keep teeter tottering so much that it's hard to believe I've had any loss. I also can't stand being a fat person that is eating within 1200 calories per day and eating a lot better but the loss is very, very slow. It's hard because I feel like I'm denying myself of foods I used to overeat on and tired of not seeing more quick results. I hate that part!

I keep telling myself this takes time. We didn't put the weight on in a week or month so it won't come off that fast either. Slow and steady will win this race! Feel free to add me as a friend for support. I also remind myself all the time that in a year from now I'll be able to look back and thank myself for hanging in there because I will get where I want to be but it has to start now in order to be there in a year.
  • adamwatt305
    adamwatt305 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi just keep doing what your doing, weight will fluctuate for many different reasons as long as it’s not a junk food binge lol but there are so many awesome people on here to give help and advice and new ideas for food etc.

Keep up the good work!!!!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Look at one of the weight loss isn't linear threads. There's one on the front page right now.

You've said you 'know' weight fluctuates but the fact that a weight fluctuation has you down, indicates to me that while you 'know it' you don't believe it . Weight fluctuates, it's not linear, understand it, accept it, believe it and trust that it's true and then it'll be easier to ride the natural ups and downs.

I woke up about 3lb heavier today than I was yesterday, but this 'up' is nothing since I know and believe that weight loss isn't linear, I accept that sometimes my weight will be temporarily up and I trust that if I keep doing what I'm doing the weight will continue to come off (and on, then off and off and off and then back on then off and off and off again)

G'luck.
  • irotmarie
    Options
    Thanks for all of the support guys! I’m actually starting to feel a lot better and as of this morning I’m down 7 pounds in 2 weeks! On the days that I see that it went up a little bit I’m starting to remind myself that that little bit of gain isn’t as bad as the 5 pounds I used to gain. It’s also encouraging to get back on the scale the next day and see that it’s gone again.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    @irotmarie - 7 lbs in two weeks is amazing! Keep up the good work!
  • Xxjayxxxxx
    Xxjayxxxxx Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Weight goes up and down one stage i lost over 2 stone but put stone half back on in a way feel fitter with weight back on.
  • irotmarie
    Options
    2.5 weeks down and I’m 0.6 pounds away from hitting the 10 pound mark! I did the math and if I keep this up, I’ll be at my goal weight by mid February! The holidays are coming up though so I’m going to be realistic and say I’ll hit goal by April hahaha