This is it.

Options
SPR86
SPR86 Posts: 10 Member
I swear by this app. It never lets me down and I always achieve what I set out to do.
Aside from one thing.... maintaining.

This is what I will do differently this time. I get to where I need to be, smile at my achievement, delete the app and a few short glutinous months later, I am right back at the beginning.

This time, I am at my heaviest. I am at my unhappiest. This time, it has to be right.

Every time I start this app, I hide my timeline, restrict my profile, seclude myself from ‘outsiders’ - this time, I need help. I need the community.

Can you help?

Replies

• aidanellis
    aidanellis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, I reach a weight im happy about then just gain it all back, I can never maintain
  • grandmasward59
    grandmasward59 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have 40 more to l ou se. Early retired to take care of aging parent. Trying to lose pounds and up exercise. I hope the app hel po s. Could use some friends here.
  • SPR86
    Options
    aidanellis wrote: »
    I'm the same, I reach a weight im happy about then just gain it all back, I can never maintain

This time is the last time then. Maintaining will be easier this time. We got this.

I have 40 more to l ou se. Early retired to take care of aging parent. Trying to lose pounds and up exercise. I hope the app hel po s. Could use some friends here.

The app has helped me previously. Many, many times. I’m sure that if it’s followed and everything is entered accurately, it will help everyone that uses it.
  • stephieleee
    stephieleee Posts: 113 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I can't really speak for maintaining because I have to get down to my goal weight first to be able to maintain...

But my strategy for when I get there (and someone please let me know if this a bad strategy and suggest a better one because I plan not ever gaining the weight back) will be to continue logging at maintenance for a few months until I get used to portion sizes and routine etc, and slowly wean myself off MFP.

I don't want to cut MFP off as soon as I hit my goal cause I'm sure I'll fall straight back into bad habits.
  • SPR86
    Options
    As I’ve said, this is the best app/process that I have found to losing weight effectively, so if this is your first time using this process and you use it correctly and don’t cut corners, it will work. You will get there.

I quite like your strategy with checking back and ensuring that portions are carrying on once you have achieved. This is where I have been going wrong. I have just stopped it straight away and as you stated, my bad habits just came flooding back.