Apps that sync with MFP

Options
Peregrin72
Peregrin72 Posts: 27 Member
edited October 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
What other apps do you guys use in conjunction with MFP? I've been syncing both Endomondo and Samsung Health, but I can't figure out how to make them really work and sync properly. For instance, Samsung Health isn't recording any food intake, water intake, or weight data from MFP even though I have all the proper switches on for that sync. I'm also wondering if there's a way to make Samsung Health (or some other app) differentiate between steps that are just normal, everyday getting around vs. steps that I take while walking for exercise--I use Endomondo to record my walking time/speed/etc while I'm walking for exercise, but Samsung Health also counts that as steps (obviously), and both of those get recorded in MFP as calories burned, which is throwing off the top-of-the-diary info and making it look like I have more net calories available than I actually do.

Does this make sense? Am I doing something wrong? Is there a different app that would work better for my purposes?

Replies

• MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Peregrin72 wrote: »
    For instance, Samsung Health isn't recording any food intake, water intake, or weight data from MFP even though I have all the proper switches on for that sync.

I'm also wondering if there's a way to make Samsung Health (or some other app) differentiate between steps that are just normal, everyday getting around vs. steps that I take while walking for exercise

Same issue for me about SHealth not recording food input etc. although both are supposedly synced.

In Samsung Health when you look at your steps at the bottom of the screen you'll see workout or healthy pace (depending on which step screen you are looking at). That's your actual exercise. I walk for exercise and not even fast but it does detect and track.

• Peregrin72
    Peregrin72 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    MsBaz2018 wrote: »
    Same issue for me about SHealth not recording food input etc. although both are supposedly synced.

In Samsung Health when you look at your steps at the bottom of the screen you'll see workout or healthy pace (depending on which step screen you are looking at). That's your actual exercise. I walk for exercise and not even fast but it does detect and track.

Thank you! I hadn't noticed that feature. I wonder what speed qualifies as a "healthy pace"--the app doesn't give a number....
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    For instance, Samsung Health isn't recording any food intake, water intake, or weight data from MFP even though I have all the proper switches on for that sync.

I'm also wondering if there's a way to make Samsung Health (or some other app) differentiate between steps that are just normal, everyday getting around vs. steps that I take while walking for exercise

How are you getting S Health to record steps from Fitbit? Mine wouldn't work unless I carried my phone on me.
  • MsBaz2018
    MsBaz2018 Posts: 384 Member
    Options

How are you getting S Health to record steps from Fitbit? Mine wouldn't work unless I carried my phone on me.

I don't have a Fitbit. OP hasn't mentioned Fitbit either