NEW HERE WITH A GOAL OF 127lb loss

Options
Im new here and looking for new friends and support to accomplish this personal goal of losing 127 lbs. I know this will take a new dedication and changing my entire life but Im convinced I can do this without surgery. Any ideas? no carb recipes? rants about frustrations we can share? Any all around encouragement is greatly appreciated. Please feel free to add me!! THX!

Replies

• Stephiede
    Stephiede Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Welcome and add me if you like. Good luck with this journey. We will be right here to help you...
  • lizluvs3
    lizluvs3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    U can so do this without surgery! It will be painful...maybe more than surgery... but no pain, no loss! :) welcome to mfp and I'm sure ull do great. Strawberries r my latest low cal snack. I eat at least a lb a day. I have no idea what I'm gonna do in the winter. Maybe I should start freezing them now! ;) again welcome aboard and good luck!
  • j99li
    j99li Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    welcome! feel free to add me!
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Add me if you like, you can do this!
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Everyone here mostly is great and very supportive you can count me in!!
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    welcome, feel free to add me
  • nickele_d
    nickele_d Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    June 15th I weighed in at 292 lbs. I'm currently at 258 lbs. My goal is 200 toned by Christmas.

You, myself and most of the others on this site all have one thing in common - Our health!

I would suggest only whats worked for me so far, meat and vegi's only. 10 km of walking a day and lots of swimming. Weight lifting three times a week, and only one treat day every two weeks for a month and a half, then once every week.

I'm here for support if you have questions, but ultimately I recommend you speak with your family doctor about your desire to loose weight, and even get in touch with a nutritionist. My province pays for my health care, so it's free for me, but I'm sure there are free advice places that are safe and promote healthy living.

hope that helps.
  • Ronny46
    Ronny46 Posts: 23
    Options
    Good for you, please feel free to add me if you wish. I have a goal of 50lbs to lose so we can really help each other. :happy:
  • 707janette
    707janette Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP. the most important thing I've learned is that if you mess up and have a bad day don't let it sabatoge your whole new healthy lifestyle. Just rededicate yourself to it the next day. Kind of like AA sometimes I can't think of living off of 1500 calories per day for a year or how ever long it will take me to lose this weight but I can get by one day of 1500 calories then I wake up the next day and say "I can do this today" and so on Just take it one day at a time.
  • laneybird
    laneybird Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me!! You will find this site and friends SO helpful, this site has so many wonderful tools.
  • mommybarb
    Options
    That is a super goal. Wish you lotsa good vibes. Welcome to MFP. It's a great tool and many folks to support your efforts. You can add me if you like. But if you send a friend request, please include a short message so I know who it is (more that just a "sign on" name. Thanks! Have a good day!!
  • julielaine
    Options
    TYSM EVERYONE for the warm welcome and the support and ideas so far!! I am sending out invites and want to lend encouragement as well! YAY!
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Add me if you'd like! :) I started out with 129lbs to lose.. I now only have 77 to lose!! You can do it!!
  • AuntAudi
    AuntAudi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My weight lose is less but you can do it. I recently have two friends husband and wife. She is down 107 and he is down 152. They did through weight watchers and starting to move. She is now running 5ks and he is walking 6-7 miles a day. He used to joke the only place he ever walked was to the refrigerator for more food.
    Take every day one meal at a time. Don't beat yourself up, you are always kinder to strangers so be kind to yourself.
    With each reward yourself, new earrings, a book something special to you.
  • BethanyCee
    Options
    Hi there! I've sent you a friend request. We have similar weight loss goals, I look forward to getting there together! :)
  • fivetwo84
    Options
    You will find so much support here, & you can definitely do this without surgery! Just take a look at the success stories; you're guaranteed to feel like you can accomplish what you want - you just have to stay strong & focus on your goals, & NEVER give up even if you have bad days. I've been actively using MFP for less than a month, & I've lost 14 pounds already [& I've had my share of bad days, already]. I have a bit more than you to lose, but it's nice to have friends with goals around your own, so I will send you a friend request!
  • mommybarb
    Options
    Krystal - way to go!!! Super job!!