Got an exercise bike for my home a few days ago. My journey to fitness begins anew!

Options
So yeah, with November just around the corner, the winter torpor I suffered from the last few years has a new enemy. I really hate winter. It gets so cold here in the great white north, I can’t stick to my promises to go out more. Hopefully with my new indoor bike I won’t be spending the next 4-6 months regaining all the weight I’ve lost. Just you wait, winter blues. I WILL HAVE THE LAST LAUGH!!!
So anyway, wish me luck :)

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,990 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Great move! I suggest that at a minimum you keep a log of your workout length, speed, etc. or find an app that does this for you. Then set some goals to keep yourself focused.
  • Scoops1249
    Scoops1249 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I recently bough an exercise bike with a small desk attached that doubles as my work desk. I work from home, but sit at my desk all day with little movement. I'm hoping this helps- best of luck on your end :)
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Have fun with it. It's great to have options when the weather isn't cooperative.

ETA: cardio really boots my mood so hopefully it'll help with your SAD.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Ride it like you stole it! :smile:
  • Carneyje3
    Carneyje3 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Well I haven't had an exercise bike I did use a bike trainer for awhile. I had the most success with it when I would tie it to something I enjoyed. For example, this was when the second or third season of House of Cards was coming out and I was hooked. I made a rule for myself that I could only watch HoC when I was pedaling. Made a huge difference for me!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Carneyje3 wrote: »
    Good luck! Well I haven't had an exercise bike I did use a bike trainer for awhile. I had the most success with it when I would tie it to something I enjoyed. For example, this was when the second or third season of House of Cards was coming out and I was hooked. I made a rule for myself that I could only watch HoC when I was pedaling. Made a huge difference for me!

I did this with my cardio a lot early on, it really does work! I can also play some games on my PS4 on my stationary bike :smiley: