2009 and 2010 Brides?

holly78
holly78 Posts: 347
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
Hey! I was looking for other women who are planning on getting Married this year or next who would like to be MFP Buddies!

I am getting Married on June 19, 2010, and my goal was to lost 105 Lbs by the time I order my dress. I was planning on ordering in January of 2010. My starting weight here on MFP was 285 and I am currently down to 270.2. So i am down almost 15 Lbs in 5 1/2 weeks!

What are your goals?

Replies

• holly78
    holly78 Posts: 347
    Hey! I was looking for other women who are planning on getting Married this year or next who would like to be MFP Buddies!

I am getting Married on June 19, 2010, and my goal was to lost 105 Lbs by the time I order my dress. I was planning on ordering in January of 2010. My starting weight here on MFP was 285 and I am currently down to 270.2. So i am down almost 15 Lbs in 5 1/2 weeks!

What are your goals?
  • I'm not a bride, but I wanted to say good for you and keep up the good work. My first goal is to get down to 200 pounds. Right now I weigh 309. I have a long way to go, but slow and steady wins the race.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    There are lots of future brides on here.
    You may want to look at the Wedding Challenge thread.

:smile:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    I am a bride to be, but we are eloping soon.........the party will be this summer though.......bus tour to Vegas anyone??????Thats when I will be seen in my shiny little red dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hotness can ya say that? :devil:
  • I'm getting married in April of this year :)
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    I am a bride to be, but we are eloping soon.........the party will be this summer though.......bus tour to Vegas anyone??????Thats when I will be seen in my shiny little red dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hotness can ya say that? :devil:

im in! heading to vegas in april actually :glasses: ...when will you be there???
  • dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    I'm not a bride, but I wanted to say good for you and keep up the good work. My first goal is to get down to 200 pounds. Right now I weigh 309. I have a long way to go, but slow and steady wins the race.
    :heart: :flowerforyou: Good luck to you. I know you will make it.:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Tailea
    Tailea Posts: 84 Member
    I'm getting married 92 days from today (May 23rd)! I won't be able to get anywhere near my final goal by then, but I'd be happy losing 15-20, which I still feel is kind of high for the amount of time I've got left.
  • HI! I am an August 20, 2010 bride myself and have found the dress....
    When I started a month ago I was at 235
    Goals- By April 200lbs
    By August (measurements for dress) Size 14 again (first time since h.s.) Whatever that weight ends up being....

I need to get some smaller goals in there too I know, but it just seems so HUGE right now and I've had a couple crappy weeks. What do you do to keep your motivation up???

Megs
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    August 15th, 09 bride here :flowerforyou:

my tentative goal is 10 more lbs by my wedding day, but i'm actually pretty happy where I am now. I'm looking to really tone up and maintain. :drinker:
  • first of all congrats on your upcoming wedding.....secondly, I got married in May 2008. I bought a gorgeous dress, it was actually sized 22 or 24. I had to have it taken in, to fit me. The seamstress told me that on that coming day, I would look as beautiful as I felt inside, as beautiful as I wanted to be. I really took that to heart. I didn't look or question my size of the dress, just went with it. I mean heck yeah I wanted to be my pre-pregnancy weight, look like a million bucks and all that jazz. But my wedding was great, I had a great time, my husband thought I was the best bride ever. So, to make a long story short......your husband will adore you no matter what size you are. You still have over a year to get ready. Just make yourself happy, don't get sick over the whole thing.:love:
  • April 2010 Bride here! I hope to be down about 75 pounds by then. My first goal is 20 lbs down by May. (My company is doing a biggest loser thing and that when it ends) Good luck to all the other brides out there... I know I'll need it!
This discussion has been closed.