Straight up CEREAL killers. Lol!

Options
Who loves cereal? Who has it everyday? Breakfast? Lunch? Or even sometimes dinner? After joining MFP, and making a choice from bad / fast foods to eating MUCH healthier & losing weight... One thing I just love so much is my CEREAL with unsweetened almond milk!

I love KASHI GO LEAN cereal :) High in fiber & protein but..... 6g of sugar! What do you guys think? Any other alternatives? I mean it's not as high as other cereals.. But I love how it's delicious and well... High in fiber & protein!

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I am a cereal fanatic! My friends think I'm crazy, but I could eat it everyday and every meal! :) Special K, Kashi, different Cheerios flavors...mmmm :)
  • ConfidenceNMe
    Options
    6g of sugar isn't bad at all- but how many carbs are in there? Just curious. A little sugar is fine but just in small amounts- that's why it's the smallest on the food pyramid!
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    i love cereal...i like to have mine with vanilla silk milk
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    CEREAL KILLERS!!!!! LOL!!!!!!

I don't eat much cereal.
  • corymomma
    corymomma Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I love it...it seems to be my go to food these days...have a measuring cup that only sees cereal, and I eat it dry...great finger food!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I love it with unsweetened almond kilk as well, my favorite
    is Special k berries. I was always a huge milk addict
    cant remember the last time i had cows milk!
  • shabydonner
    shabydonner Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Its weird, cereal is always a go to for me when I'm on a diet but when I'm not I hardly eat it. I love it just as much but I just don't think of it. When I started this site about a month ago I think the one food I was most excited to go buy was my Kashi, what's best is they have added new flavors to the go lean crunch since the last time I was trying to eat healthier. I am also really getting into the fiber one honey clusters and just got a box of the new 80 calorie honey squares. On a slightly less healthy note (through they are still pretty good) I love the Cinnamon burst Cheerios. I top whatever I am eating with a quarter cup of them, Mmmm. The only thing I don't like are the high prices. I go through it a lot faster when I'm eating it every day and at almost 5 bucks a box for the healthy ones, makes me choke a little, but we all know that eating healthy is tough on the pocket book.
  • tigersmoondiva
    tigersmoondiva Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately for me cereal triggers binges - I sure miss it
  • DiabeticAlien
    DiabeticAlien Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm a cereal killer. I MADE Cheerios what they are today. LOL Seriously, when I was growing up, I ate a box a week. Of course I was a kid and a lot more active so it didn't affect me. I sure don't eat them like that now. But I do find that a serving of Cheerios is better than a couple of eggs and bacon with toast...and more filling.
  • quintonbonadie
    Options
    What the best tasting cereal with high protein, high fiber, good carbs, and low fat?
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    6g of sugar isn't bad at all- but how many carbs are in there? Just curious. A little sugar is fine but just in small amounts- that's why it's the smallest on the food pyramid!

just to clarify, the food pyramid isn't made out of real food.
  • PenTool
    PenTool Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love Kashi Go Lean. It has the best nutritional profile of any cereal I've seen. And I personally love the taste.

I also love steel cut oatmeal with pecans, dried cranberries, cinnamon, splenda, and frozen blueberries added about 5 mins before I eat it.
  • LordRahl
    LordRahl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Kirkland Raisin Bran with a cup of skim/no fat milk. Best thing, it is high in calories but I get 2200 a day so I allow myself this.