30 Day Shred Question

Options
I'm thinking of getting the 30 Day Shred. What workout accessories do I need? Just hand weights?

I'm clueless?

Replies

• cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    that is it! other than a pair of shoes and possibly a punching bag due to wanting to punch Jillian in the face by day 3!
  • gretchen0824
    gretchen0824 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have hand weights and a yoga mat I use for it
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I recommend a mat also but if you are on carpet it probably isn't necessary. I also suggest having two different size hand weights. I used a two pound set to start and then progressed up to five pounds. I just kept both there and used which ever ones I felt right for the exercise. They use five pounds on the video but some of the moves were just too hard for five pounds initially. By the end of level 3 I was using five pounds all the way through.
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    that is it! other than a pair of shoes and possibly a punching bag due to wanting to punch Jillian in the face by day 3!
    :

laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: true...... i turn the volumne down now... I start level 2 tonight.:noway:
  • tiggr62
    tiggr62 Posts: 64 Member
    Options

By day 3 I didn't like her at all anymore. LOL.
  • hnydia
    hnydia Posts: 2
    Options
    Hello, yes all you need is hand weights and a mat if you are working-out on a hard surface. 30 Day shed is a great workout, with 3 levels, but be prepared to workout for 30 consecutive days to see any real results. You will be sore for a couple of days, so it is best to start with a low weight (2lb hand weights) or without weights. If you pick up the weights on day 3, you will be less sore. Good Luck. Nidia (hnydia)
  • londanfudd4eva
    Options
    yes all u need is light 2-3lb hand weights.
  • deewildwoman
    deewildwoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options

It didn't take 3 days for me to get to that point. If you look at my exercise diary it says "30 Day Shred led by the Spawn of Satan". It is a good thing I work out alone in my basement...I am usually too out of breath to call her names, but I have made rude hand gestures at the TV. :laugh: It makes me feel better, anyway.
  • RebeccaLeinen
    RebeccaLeinen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    LOL!!!! these gave me a good laugh this morning! hahahahaha but it's a love/hate relationship! :) we all love to hate her
  • cantjustcant
    Options

It didn't take 3 days for me to get to that point. If you look at my exercise diary it says "30 Day Shred led by the Spawn of Satan". It is a good thing I work out alone in my basement...I am usually too out of breath to call her names, but I have made rude hand gestures at the TV. :laugh: It makes me feel better, anyway.

On day 2 I did it early when I thought the kids were still asleep....later in the day my 20 year old son said...I had no idea Exercising involved so much cussing!
  • cantjustcant
    Options
    :

laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: true...... i turn the volumne down now... I start level 2 tonight.:noway:

I didn't think of turning down the volume! Someone pointed out today that Natalie stops when Jillian turns her back...gonna have to check that out....hard to watch video when giving them the evil eye
  • Honey1990
    Options
    I started out using 3lb weights and about day 6 of L1 i went up to 5 lb weights. Today was my first day of L2 and i used both weights for different exercises. it really just depends on what you feel your body can handle. I wasnt sore much at all during the begining but remember that everybody's body reacts differently and if you are already keeping up with an exercise program the soreness probably wont happen for you. Just make it to L2 it feels much easier after 10 days of L1.