Anyone for intermediate fasting?

Options
Looking for other people who do IF! I want to find some friends who do, sometimes it’s hard to push myself through it.
Happy November!🖤

Replies

• rainycs65
    rainycs65 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm considering doing the 16-hour fasting. Would love to hear other peoples experience!
  • lowcarbmale
    lowcarbmale Posts: 145 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I'm doing 16/8 and really like it. It's easy to keep to the eating schedule once you get used to it. I usually eat between 12pm an 8pm (sometimes the time is shortened if lunch is a little bit later or I have an early dinner). Usually 7 days a week since I don't really see it as something that I have to force myself to do. You quickly get used to it.
  • LucasStrickland
    LucasStrickland Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm doing intermittent fasting, 16/8 and 25% caloric deficit for my weight. New to here as of yesterday, if you see this please add me I'd like to see what everyone else is eating and to have some motivation!
  • LimitedBluEdition
    LimitedBluEdition Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started 3 days ago today is my 4th day
  • penny03681
    penny03681 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    what do you mean a calorie deficit. Are you suppose to lower ypu daily caloire intake?
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    leobrah wrote: »
    It's Intermittent Fasting and yes I've been doing 20/4 fasting every single day for the past 8 days and I've lost almost 10 pounds. I feel great and I am not going to stop anytime soon :smile:

10lbs in 8 days is not a safe or sustainable rate of loss, especially for someone with not much to lose (assuming that is you in the portrait). There are serious, lasting implications to rapid weight loss that are just as dangerous to your health, moreso in some ways, than being overweight or obese. The one that gives me the greatest pause these days is the fact that your body will get its nutrition from somewhere if you don’t provide enough for it. It scavenges your muscles for protein; your heart is a muscle so while you’re not sticking enough food in your face, your body is devouring your own heart instead. But you won’t be fat so yay? Please do some research on healthy rate of weight loss.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Eating at a calorie deficit (a reasonable one) is how you lose weight. I find IF a useful way of conserving my calories for later in the day. I am not a morning person and find it hard to eat breakfast. No magic bullet but just another way of fitting your calorie allowance into your day.