We all just want to look good without clothes on

Options
Feel like I started the fitness journey for the wrong reasons, Would like to attempt a more healthy route minimizing the risk of hating what I am doing or feeling like I am missing out, Anyone with a similar mindset or past experience advice/recipes/motivation would be amazing :)

Replies

• 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    My sole purpose for starting was to look good naked. That has been my driving force this whole time. Of course I'm very concerned about my overall health too but my vanity definitely takes the Cake!
  • mamalloyd
    mamalloyd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started with just wanting to be healthy. But after losing a lot of weight my goal is to look good.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    True... then I became a runner and my feet do NOT look good naked :laugh:
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Motivating yourself just by how you look has serious limitations.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Thread title is super presumptuous.

There's no point in me looking good naked since no one will ever see my naked again.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Manu_Memon wrote: »
    Motivating yourself just by how you look has serious limitations.

Mind elaborating a bit ?

I'm not the person you quoted but from my perspective you tailor your thoughts, actions and plan towards the goal you are trying to achieve. So, if your predominant or sole driver is to look good that will propel you into action which may come into conflict with things that are beneficial for your overall health and override it (starving yourself, excessive exercise, self loathing) and so on.

Also, the human body is a funny thing and sometimes absolutely refuses to look the way you want it to look and will inexplicably look a different way. It's like building a house on shifting sands if you solely tie your self worth and happiness to something like that.

I think wanting to look good naked is not a problem at all (in fact, the opposite) but it's not the only or major goal to have in my book.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    In the past I tried to lose excess pounds to “look good” and failed at every attempt. When my health started going downhill and my doctor was concerned that I was headed down the path of metabolic disease and the first symptoms of a non-alcoholic fatty liver started being felt, I finally got my act together and was able to lose the weight. I’ve found that I enjoy exercising regularly and will never go back to being sedentary again. Seeing how it is possible to reverse the damage I’d caused my body gives me motivation to continue a healthier lifestyle. I’m very happy with how I look now and that has come as a direct result of my healthier lifestyle. Idk about looking good naked but I do love to wear bikinis B) Eating less helped me lose excess weight but exercising shaped the body I’m proud of now!