I can wear my wedding ring!!!

FireOpalCO
FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
One of my mini goals was to be able to wear my wedding ring again by our anniversary: March 20th. Last night before I left for my workout I fished it out of the drawer to see how close I am with 5 months to go. It fit!

It's not perfect of course, I still have a lot of weight to lose. But just the fact I can take it on and off without a struggle or it getting stuck is huge! When we got married it was actually loose. I can't wait to see how it looks when our anniversary is here.

So yeah, I'm sporting my wedding ring today which I'm pretty sure my coworkers have never seen.

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    That's fantastic! I haven't been able to wear mine since halfway through pregnancy. I actually recently wound up buying an inexpensive larger "temporary" ring because it was really bothering my husband and he kept asking if I wanted to have my rings sized up (I don't). One of my big milestones is to be able to wear my rings again.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I think this is one of the best NSVs out there! <3<3<3
  • Vicham76
    Vicham76 Posts: 59 Member
    I was big when i got married so my ring falls off right now. I am waiting until I am at my goal weight to have it sized down.
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    In five months you'll probably have to have your rings re-sized, if you keep going like that. Congratulations!
  • LynzesLosingIt
    LynzesLosingIt Posts: 107 Member
    Vicham76 wrote: »
    I was big when i got married so my ring falls off right now. I am waiting until I am at my goal weight to have it sized down.

Same! Mine was too tight really when I got married, and now I have ring "huggers" on them to keep them on. when I reach my goal weight I'll get them re-sized :)
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I know how you feel - I have been unable to wear my wedding band for many years - now I can wear it in the morning for a couple of hours. Fingers tend to swell slightly in the afternoons.
  • caindove11
    caindove11 Posts: 73 Member
    Congrats, that is great!
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Thanks for all the congrats! It definitely feels good to be able to wear the ring again. A few people at work have noticed.

It was a little tight this morning, but considering I'm down another 2 pounds I think I'm a bit bloated from the rowing machine block in yesterday's workout. I was shooting for 5,000 meters but only made it to 4,728 before time was called.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!