LADIES!! Carbs?? What's your limit!

Options
LADIES! What is your daily carbs & sugar goal intake on MFP?? I'm on a 1,200 calorie intake per day & it says my carbs is a total of 165g. and sugar is 24g. I always go over on fiber & protein LOL. is this bad?

Does anyone really keep track of their carbs?? I've been okay with my in take and still being able to lose but.. Any tips or advice would be helpful! Thanks :)

Replies

• mpetit269
    Options
    I don't think there is a such thing as getting too much protein or fiber. As long as your not surpassing the designated about carbs allotted to you each day, i think you should be fine. Good luck with the weight lose!
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    1800 cals...45% carbs
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Im about 125 looking to get to 115 and I eat about 150g of carbs a day. Always over on protein. Don't fear a macronutrient :]

I go for about 1g of protein for every lb of lean body mass I have
    About 50-70g of fats (olive oil)
    Then fill in the rest of my cals including exercise with carbs
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    45% protein, 35% fat, 20% carb. I usually average 40-60g carbs per day. 1550 calorie goal.
  • samb
    samb Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    1200 cal, <35g carbs usually and >100g protein. I usually have 1 day thats free. When i get to my goal I will slowly up carbs to find my limit to where i dont gain (I truly feel carbs are what for me makes me gain/lose/maintain ,... as well as watching cals but those dont seem to be quite as important for me at least) I just focus on the carbs mainly and it has made a world of difference for me, seriously, in every single way. some are against carb limits, i was too, but now i realize i wish i knew then what i know now cuz it has changed my life completely. also i cut out most grains so the carbs i do eat are from fruit/veg/potatoes/some meats that have them. i try to eat unprocessed/primal basically. as for protein, i say eat as much of it as u can...it seems to fill me up, helps muscle build A LOT, and seems to be a deciding factor in weight loss as well. i dont watch the levels much but i try to get higher than 100g. It is possible to have too high of protein i suppose but i think thats more over a long period of time, and i doubt you would ever reach a level to make that have a negative effect on your body. message me if you have any questions. best of luck to you!
  • LeslieMartina
    LeslieMartina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that my MFP seems to give me a pretty large percentage of carbs (180g carbs/49g protein/44g fat)/26g sugar). I'd rather be about 40% I ignore it and try to just be conscious of what I eat since I just eat a few whole grains and lots of fruit. I go over the sugar everyday though!!! I'm gonna cut back on my fruit, but I'm not going to worry about it, because I don't usually eat bad sugars. Plus, with my workout/weight goals and insulin sensitivity going lower carb makes sense for me.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    i don't really watch my carbs, but i always aim for 69 grams of protein.
  • Mmmary212
    Mmmary212 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I keep my carbs below 50...25 is ideal (and that's usually from a sweet potato daily). I prefer my protein to be in the triple digits, but it's not crutial if it falls below (80-90's) and I keep my fats in the triple digits as much as possible too (65-70% of my day)...
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    The only number I watch is the calorie number, but I try to stay away from "bad" carbs and "bad" sugars.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Right now, I have a 20g carb limit. I get most of the 20g from veggies. In about a month or so, I'm going to start upping my carb intake little by little.