100lb cahllenge - week of 2/17 thru 2/23

Options
Just thought I would start us a new thread since our other one was getting really long.
Everyone is doing so great!!! Congrats to all!!!

Happy posting this week!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Just thought I would start us a new thread since our other one was getting really long.
    Everyone is doing so great!!! Congrats to all!!!

Happy posting this week!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Can I post on here now? I just joined this site two days ago and don't have 100 lbs to lose STILL but I have lost 61 so far (Since September) and want to lose another 75 (at least), so total it will be 135 at the end. Wow! That is interesting. I want to weigh 135 and to get there, I will have lost 135 total from where I started at 270. I never really thought of it before. Jeeze! I will have lost a whole ME by the end!!!!! LOL
  • NurseBarb
    Options
    Absolutely!!! You are an inspiration to us and WELCOME! Glad you are here, it's a great place for motivation and support. Lot's of great "losers" here!

:flowerforyou:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    *Started dec 6th @ 258. *challenge start feb 3rd @244. *today @ 239. *have 99 more lbs to my goal. Didn't do too good this weekend but I bought a food scale and two pairs of jeans one that fits, but is tight and one that I can't button up (yet) both for extra motivation. So I am still psyched motivated and happy that I now have less than 100 to lose until my goal weight.
  • blherce
    Options
    Hi. I posted this on the old thread. Hope this is ok!

Hey. I just joined on Friday, but actaully starting today. I weighed myself about a week ago and Im finally down to 201......believe me, this has been a struggle!! Ive been separated 2 years (its a good thing, really), but anyway, last May, my weight went up to 245. I looked swollen. I was embarrased to go out in public, meet new people, and that ISNT good for someone with 2 kids. I couldnt even bare to wear shorts. I felt hot, sweaty, lethargic, all the time. Ive lost over 45 pounds in less than a year. I have another 60 to lose in order to be where I want to be, but now its time to get on track with my eating and I could really use the support. Currently, Im in a super tight 14 (lol) and a comfy 16ish. My goals arent to hurry up and get there, but want to take it slow and gradual. I give up soooo easily on dieting and stuff, but I think its finally my time to get to be the woman I was before kids!!! Im 28 years old, and 5'6 1/2" if that helps give any perspective! I look forward to getting to know all you fine people and work on this togather
  • NurseBarb
    Options
    blherce, you'll be under 200 in no time! yay for you!

Here's my info for this week!

Starting wieght 1/09/08 296

Beginning of challenge 1/30/08 282
    Last couple of weeks 2/06/08 281
    2/13/08 278

This week 2/20/08 276

YAY!!

Hope everyone is doing great, ya'll start posting some stuff you motivate me!

:heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • blherce
    Options
    Hey, thanks! And congrats to you as well for losing 6 pounds in 3 weeks!

I went over my calories by 268 yesterday. Maybe the chicken nuggets at 10 pm werent a great idea. Whoops! Lol...I had to have SOMETHING though after Prison Break...

New day....right??
  • NurseBarb
    Options
    OK we are three days into the week............ Where is everyone????

Let's hear from some LOSERS!!!!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    Well I haven't joined any challenges lately because things were at a stand still:frown:

But I did some checking and I feel a little better. I have lost 5 lbs this month. Only 100 to go now.

That is a total of 40 since August for me.
  • hmmmm
    Options
    Gosh this week has been hard on saturday I spent the weekend at moms and I don't usually do too good when I am am there. I had pizza one day and quiche the next. We did go shopping so at least I had the exercise of walking thru the stores. also constantly looking after my kids is more of a work there (much less babyproofed). My fiance has been away most of the week as well on buisness. he has the laptop which i log in all of my foods in, only the message boards work on my blackberry (thank goodness for that or I probably would have caved weeks ago) I can't usually tell how well I am doing until I log in my foods. Any way I am planning all my meals and activities for tomorrow and hopefully will see a few lbs lost by our next post
  • hmmmm
    Options
    Actually, after taking another look at this post, have 2 more comments. Casta you are doing great!!**20 lbs** since january. I am almost there and started at least a month before you. You are rockin it!!! And eve23 I noticed you changed your picture. I may be wrong but is that an updated pic from the one you had posted before? It looks as if your face is thinning out. Either way **40 lbs** is awesome. GREAT JOB!!!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    OK....I started this weight loss/healthy lifestyle journey in January weighing in at 290 lbs, my heaviest ever! I have had huge success which is sooooo motivating for me!!! It has slowed down a lot, but I'm still losing!!!! I weigh in on Thursday mornings.....

Last week: 259 lbs
    This week: 255 lbs!!!!!!!!!!

That's a 4 lb loss since last week! And a 35 lb loss since I started!!!!!!!

Everyone keep up the great work!
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Here we go with this weeks results.
    I am weighing in at 219
    I am now down 4 pounds for this week and down 7 since we started on the First!!!
    Measurements have not changed but I know that when you measure yourself it is hard
    to get it accurate. I should trust my boyfriend to do this for me but I still a bit embarassed by
    how large I have gotten.
    Hope this was a good week for everyone.:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • abetterme
    Options
    Last friday I was 236.0
    This friday I am 235.2

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ooorabbittyooo
    Options
    Hi everyone, I just joined today. I'm currently at 182 and my goal is 110. I hope this site will help me. I've tried diets and all that for many years. I'm turning 23 next month. I've been trying to get to my ideal weight since I was in high school. Any tips would be wonderful :happy:
  • NurseBarb
    Options
    Thanks hmmmmm I appreciate the comments! Everyone else, WEIGH TO GO!!

ooorabbittooo: The best tip I could give you is just to hang out here. This is the best place in the world for support and friendship for this journey! Just watch your calories and don't try to eat "too few".
    One of the hardest lessons to learn is that less is not always better when it comes to calories!
  • anewbeginning
    anewbeginning Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here and was so excited to find this site while doing a search. I am currently 268 lbs and need to lose 118 to be where I should be. This number sounds so overwhelming to me but I know if I can just stay focused I can do it. I've lost a considerable amount of weight on diets before...Weight Watchers, Slimfast, but can never seem to keep it off. This time around I am praying it will be different. I look forward to reading this board and gaining inspiration and strength from all of you. I know I'm not alone and we can all help each other. I will keep you posted on my success.....here's to a new beginning...good luck everyone!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Whoops..forgot to update in here!

I weigh on Thursdays...
    Start weight (September 4, 07): 270
    Weight on 2/14/2008: 209
    Weight on 2/21/2008: 207
    Down 63 lbs total! Woohoo!