hello, looking for support.

Options
HI there,

I just made my profile on this site and thought I would come say hello to the community. I am a new mother and though my belly and scare are still tender, I need to stop making excuses and work out for a few while the baby naps or when my husband gets home. I have all the time in the world with this break from work I'm on with a new baby, so with a little motivation I can hopefully get back into my super teeny jeans once again. wish me luck. :)

Replies

• LMStark
    LMStark Posts: 150
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to be. There is lots of support on here. Feel free to friend me if you would like. Good luck in your health journey. :-)
  • Cortez123
    Cortez123 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new baby! Feel free to add me. We can support each other :smile:
  • 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and all the best!!

I say go for walks pushing the baby in the pram...exercise for you, bonding and fresh air for your baby. Gives you time out of the house and time to think!!

If this is number one baby...you'll never get another chance so ENJOY!!! Skinny jeans will always be there!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Ljwells11
    Options
    Hello, I know just what you are talking about except I am now 40 and waited too long so my metabolism is a mess. I forgot what it is like to be thinner since 4 children came into my life 22 years ago. I did lose some weight and then regained it again and again. With each child it gets harder unless you make it a part of your life style, and I do mean for life habit. I have lost 4.5 lbs in 15 days just by watching calories and light exercises, so I am getting back into the game so to speak. Just watching what you eat every single day is extremely helpful in staying on cue. As the saying goes, "you are what you eat.". I know you will be successful if you keep up daily with this system and of course breast feeding not only is the best nutrition for your baby but helps you to lose the weight. Welcome!:smile::smile:
  • LanasMom84
    Options
    wow that was fast, thanks for the support- I think this site and its members are just what I need to get off the nest of pillows I've been in for the last four months and (hopefully) stop drinking 3-6 cans of Pepsi a day! ...yes its true, I'm addicted to caffeinated beverages. for shame. But I wanna turn it all around, and I appreciate that I can reach out to everyone. thnx
  • LanasMom84
    Options
    PS: I have been taking out my new stroller the last two weeks everyday down a block or two, but its the kind that bounces and vibrates when you go over bumps in the sidewalk and your baby spits up from being shaken so much. ha. so I'm working on getting an off road style- tho I think the baby has to be a certain weight before its safe. dunno.

~Oh and I am no longer breast feeding. I lost the supply. she was a preemie in the NICU too long for me to continue my supply. :/

But its nice to meet everyone! :)