10 day Juice fast

Options
I'm not sure if many of you are familiar with Joe Cross and his weight loss journey and documentary "Fat, sick , and nearly dead" I watched the movie last night with my husband and I was very inspired by what he did.

With that said I have decided to do a 10 day juice fast ( Joe did a 60 day fast) to cleanse my body and pretty much get the chance to start over. I was wondering if you could recommend a juicer that is great but not so expensive. I will probably get to buy it next week and get started. I have found sites on good recipes to try and make things taste good. Or as good as they can lol. Also what are your ideas on the fast. Has anyone ever done one that can give me pointers? Thanks a lot everyone!!!

Replies

• Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Can't say I've heard of it nor tried it, but I do know that your body will adjust to your new eating habits if you just pick a day and go with it. That's what I usually do.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you are going to get this more than once but I don't believe in fasts of any type. Once you start eating clean and drinking water your body does a great job of cleaning and detoxifying itself. Not trying to start an argument I just wanted to give my thoughts.
  • LexyDawn
    LexyDawn Posts: 113
    Options
    The first 3 days are the hardest, once you get to day 4 you will be good to go. Don't give up.

I haven't done Joe's juice cleanse but I have done a week of just juice (organic beets, carrots, celery, potatos romaine lettuce, swiss chard). It was the first part of a month long full body cleanse and it was great!

I have no idea what brand my juicer is, so I can't help with that.
  • allycaturban
    Options
    I don't think you should fast when you are breastfeeding. You need the calories for making milk for your baby :) It is recommended not to go under 1500 cal per day.
    You are doing great in your weight loss way to go
  • abouthealth56
    abouthealth56 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    best juicer is a Breville Elite--recommended by juicing enthusiasts and Martha Stewart, among others. I did some research & I ordered one on Amazon.com 3 days ago. $299. and free shipping. I have a Jack LaLanne juicer, costs $99. at Costco, but it's just not powerful enough if you want to get all the juice you can get out of the produce.
  • portexploit
    portexploit Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I haven't done a juice fast for a while. A juice I do make daily is, 2 cucumbers, 2 lemons, bit of dill, 2 cloves of garlic and if you want 1/2 a jalepeno. I put this in my vitamix blender with water untill it's a juice. I put it in a gallon container then fill the rest with distilled water. This is an alkalizing drink. It helps balance the pH of your blood.