First time (serious) dieter new to myfitnesspal

Options
I'm 18 and when I started myfitnesspal last Monday I weighed in at 230. I thought it would be really hard to lose weight, but this Monday when I weighed in, I had already lost 5 pounds and counting. I love myfitnesspal. I am on the computer most of the day, so I never forget to enter my stuff, myfitnesspal keeps me in check and helps me remember about my diet. The reason I haven't lost weight in the past is because I was always forgetting I was on a diet (haha) but not anymore! This website has given me the inspiration to change my life. I wouldn't be able to do it without myfitnesspal.

Replies

• mizz_phatz
    Options
    ADD ME SO WE CAN BE EACHOTHERS MOTIVATORS....I NEED THE EXTRA PUSH!!! I AM 22 AND I WEIGH 198 BUT MY SCALE IS ALWAYS DIFFERNT FROM THE GYMS ;(
  • bubbles143
    Options
    Ive had the same awesome experience, and I'm a computer user as well :) keep it up, if you forget to track a day, or a few, dont stop completely, just pick it back up :) and keep at it, I've already lost 42lbs using this site :)
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    That's great! I think it is much easier to stay motivated when you are interested in checking in to the site to write down your food and exercise, plus check your blog and catch up with your MFP friends. It really does make a different to have this "healthy" world away from the everyone else!

Keep up the great work and continued good luck!
  • bubbles143
    Options
    Try to ALWAYS use the same scale honey :)
    The old school ones are always the best as well, not the digital, the one with the little weights :)
  • Bodybuildersam
    Options
    Can feel free to add me! 22M and hoping to lose 20-25 much needed lbs in the next few months. There's alot of motivation on this site to keep at it
  • bubbles143
    Options
    That's great! I think it is much easier to stay motivated when you are interested in checking in to the site to write down your food and exercise, plus check your blog and catch up with your MFP friends. It really does make a different to have this "healthy" world away from the everyone else!

Keep up the great work and continued good luck!

All too true, make the checking in a fun game and an exciting part of your day :)
  • Jade1x
    Jade1x Posts: 166
    Options
    wow 5lb in one week thats amazing!! :bigsmile:
    Theres loads of people on here who you can add as friends to keep you motivated & it really does work i avent touched a packet of crisps in 4days!!! :drinker: (trying to cut them out) and its all down to the great website.. Feel free to add me as a friend im on here everyday because this is just the beginning for me on my journey to a healthier & fitter lifestyle!! Good luck we know everyone can do it :smile: :smile:
  • kaimi2011
    kaimi2011 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    congrats on your loss. I use iPhone and computer for tracking. :) keep it up!