confussed can somebody help??

Options
Im new to this so kinda still learning, Can someone explian to me what the NET is?
My daily intake of calories is 1,200 but some1 said to try and eat all of my calories and try not to eat my exercised ones which ive gained back and to make sure my net is low? Im finding it hard to understand :blushing:

Replies

• luvbwfc
    luvbwfc Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    When you input your current details and specified a target weight loss, the site gives you a daily calorie target.

All the calories you eat is your gross calorie intake. However you may have hit the gym and burned 500 calories off. If you are set as sedentary, these calories are not included in your daily goals, so can be subtracted from your eaten calories. This gives your net calorie intake, which you are trying to keep within the sites target.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Have a read of this - it explains quite well why you should eat your exercise calories

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/186814-some-mfp-basics
  • lucybeat
    lucybeat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Net calories is the amount of calories left over after you take into account the number of calories burned with exercise. Kind of like a paycheck. You have your total gross amount you earned, then your net is what is left after taking out all the deductions. For example, say you ate 1500 calories, but burned 500 calories with exercise. Your net calories would be 1000.
  • StevieP81
    Options
    If you work out, remember your body will want food to burn off too, so not point staying too low on the calories, for example, my claorie intake recommended by the sit is 1500, so thats a 1,000 less than the average male intake, so if I then do 500 cals in the gym and still come in under 2,000 calories for the day I'm happy.
  • samntim
    samntim Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Everybody works differently, for example, I don't eat my exercise calories back but some people always do. So it's whatever works best for you.

If, like me, you don't eat back your calories then when you sign off at the end of the day sometimes it says you haven't eaten enough.

The other reason why I don't eat my exercise calories back is when I don't exercise I'm not left wanting more food because I've been eating say 2,000 calories for 4 days because of exercise then bam, back down to 1,200. I'll be screaming for food. It would be nice to think we only eat what we need because of physical activity, but lets be realistic, if we all only ate what our bodies needed, we wouldn't be on this website now would we!

Good luck!! :bigsmile: