Where are my tea drinkers at?

Options
Anyone else tea obsessed like myself? I am finding while I'm trying to lose weight/get in better shape tea, especially caffeine free tea has been such a big help! Helps hydrate, zero calories (when you aren't adding anything additional to it), and distracts me from mindless eating or binge eating on junk food. Other tea lovers, what are your favorite teas? I'd love to try some new ones. I've been a big fan of Republic of Tea, and we have a David's tea here that i'd love to try more teas from!

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I love black tea
  • tecat810
    tecat810 Posts: 4,513 Member
    Options
    I’m a peppermint fan. I get traditional medicinals pepppermint.
  • 33gail33
    33gail33 Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I am also obsessed with tea. I usually drink green tea and David's passionfruit green tea is my fave right now. It is amazing!
    Also like a good chai when it gets cold out.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Harney and Sons makes some of my favorite black teas. Earl Grey Supreme and Paris are the ones I always have in my office. I also keep a traditional British style black tea (currently Yorkshire Gold).

For caffeine free, I usually buy Celestial Seasonings teas and make them iced. Vermont Maple is a nice one; Berry Zinger is a go-to.

If you can get your hands on Yorkshire Bedtime Brew, it’s a nice decaf black tea, but it’s harder to get in the US.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I’m a tea lover:). My favorite is Tazo English Breakfast. I’ve never had the Harney & Sons, but really want to try it.
    My new go-to drink at Starbucks is Royal English Breakfast with steamed almond milk.
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    green tea with a slice of lemon or earl grey with a splash of hemp milk are my favourite
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Seasonal teas are out now. A couple faves are:

Twinings Winter Spice - This is apple and spice camomile. I stock up on this so I can drink it year round.

Stash Christmas in Paris is a nice herbal with peppermint & cocoa. It smells of chocolate and tastes peppermint. Stash Cinnamon Vanilla is a favorite rooibos tea (another for year round).

Bigelow Chirstmas teas- If you like mulled cider, try Ginger Snappish. I like to steep a tea bag with 1/2 water, 1/2 apple juice for a nice light cider.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    To help with the weight loss and save money I've replaced my usual latte with making tea. I have an electric tea kettle in my office with a little tea station I've put together. My coworkers are free to come in and use the hot water and try some teas. I usually drink black teas and green teas. Numi is my favorite brand. I also like Celestial Seasonings since they are local. The factory tour is fun.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Black tea with milk and sugar please. Sometimes Smooth Move because dangit with the amount of fruit and veg I eat I would like to go more than 2-3 times a week.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,413 Member
    Options
    I’m a tea lover:). My favorite is Tazo English Breakfast. I’ve never had the Harney & Sons, but really want to try it.
    My new go-to drink at Starbucks is Royal English Breakfast with steamed almond milk.

I drink the tazo English breakfast, love the tazo passion fruit, like the tazo orange alright (my son loves the heck out of that stuff) and grew up on and have been known to drink plenty of plain tetley black tea (orange pekoe)
  • Runaroundafieldx2
    Runaroundafieldx2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm a tea addict.

I drink around 10 cups of black tea a day. I like the caffeine.

I also drink fennel, peppermint, apple & cinnamon and nettle. All by Heath & Heather.

Yogi Christmas tea is lovely as well.
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I love tea! I drink Yorkshire gold or English or Irish breakfast in the AM, I like a strong black tea. In the afternoon I’ll have earl grey or chai for a softer tea. In the evening I avoid caffeine so I like peppermint. Especially good on winter days.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Tea lover here. I drink black tea every morning, specifically Tetley British Blend. I like it with a lot of whole milk and a bit of sugar.

I also enjoy Chai and Kava. I have a giant stash of green tea, mint tea and chamomile - but I don't drink those often lately.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hey all!
    I love trying new teas! I found the most fragrant and tasty Earl Grey when I was in London last.. it has the most beautiful cornflowers in it.. I have to go home and take a photo lol. Great suggestions all! Thanks. :)
  • jhilkene
    jhilkene Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yes! Tea addict here!
    No or low calorie is great, since I don't usually put anything in them.

Old faves;
    Bigelow Constant Comment
    And Vanilla Chai
    Twinings Chai or most brands
    Most black teas and regular green teas!

• glgcam5150
    glgcam5150 Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Iced Black Or Green Tea
    With A Little SteviaBy Day
    Warm Chamomile At Night

• workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    @apullum thank you for the recommendations! They all sound really good-especially the cinnamon one:)
  • nk9o
    nk9o Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bigelow Constant Comment is my tea of choice. No sugar since I started my diet. During the winter months, this is a great beverage in the evenings. I do not have any issues with caffeine at night
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I love tea! It's a great replacement for mindless eating while reading or watching something. I mostly stick with chamomile or peppermint. I never put anything in my tea unless I'm sick then I'll add a little honey to help with a sore throat. My brother-in-law always dumps sugar in his tea, I don't know how he's even getting the actual taste of the tea!