Exercising

Options
What are some good exercise routines in the morning at home with no equipment? I just need something to get me going before work and school. Also something that will help me tone and lose weight!!

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,566 Member
    Options
    There are so many good ones on Youtube. Lots of 10 minute ones so you can at least get energized and begin your metabolism for the day. I love the dance workouts, fun, fast, invigorating. BeFit has lots of good ones.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of bodyweight workout routines you can do and many, many free ones on YouTube. I'm a fan of Pop Sugar Fitness. They have a lot of variety in style of workout, the goal of the workout (cardio, toning, or a mix of both) and length of workout as well.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    burpees!!!
  • lolly2414
    lolly2414 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love YouTube for workouts! I'm a big fan of the channel called blogilates (it's a mix of cardio/aerobics and pilates and some other fun stuff) and also the channel called HASfit (they focus on low and high impact cardio and usually have both an easier way to do the workout moves and a more difficult way and give you calories burned too). Also, sometimes if it's rainy and I can't get an outside walk in I just jog in place for 20 minutes while I watch tv or listen to music.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of Leslie Sansone at the moment. Walk at Home. With some variety of moves to keep it interesting. She breaks it down per mile so you can chose to do 1, 2, 4, whatever depending on how long you have.

FitnessBlender has tons of videos as well. From 5 minutes to 1 hour. They are very thorough. In the title or at the beginning they'll tell you what equipment is needed (usually none or with dumbbells as an option)

@lolly2414 I'll check Hasfit. I am always looking for low impact cardio videos.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    What are some good exercise routines in the morning at home with no equipment? I just need something to get me going before work and school. Also something that will help me tone and lose weight!!

How about 10 - 15 reps each of Bridge and Plank bodyweight moves?
    This video is the one that introduced those moves to me - https://youtu.be/XT2Xb5ul_kc

• hatsumi141
    hatsumi141 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Beachbody on Demand, you can do a 14 day trial and have access to 21 day fix, p90x, insanity, CIZE, over 600+
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    before I get out of bed, I lay straight on my back, put both hands under my lower back, bush my back down into the bed & do leg lifts. Good way to start the day
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    Yoga can be gentle or kick your butt, depending on the style.