Need some Successful, committed MFP Friends

Options
Looking for support / accountability.... Hello all.... today I have decided I need to get my life in order and healthy. A very beautiful soul, who was roughly my age of 52 died unexpectedly of a blood clot. Someone I, and many, considered very giving, loving and just a wonderful person. I cannot make sense of it at times. I guess sometimes it takes tragedy to wake you up?? I have been very cruel to this body God has given me. I drink alcohol daily, eat unhealthy and do not "move". I weigh around 350 pounds (how I got there is beyond me). It has been years since I did things I enjoy, as simple as crotchet and craft. But today, I take my life back. I am not ready to die! I have children still in school. I have not been a very good role model to them, and that needs to change!! I joined MFP and strapped in a Fit Bit today. I'm just trying to find the support to help me through this. Just a couple people who I can message to help keep me on track. Similar starting weight and obstacles would be great. Thank you and God Bless.

Replies

• siobhanaoife
    siobhanaoife Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to your friends. I started at 367.8. I'm currently at 184. I'm still slowly chugging along towards my goal weight, but already the changes I've made have been transformative in terms of my health, activity, and happiness. You can do it, too.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for mutual support. Good luck
  • acanell1991
    acanell1991 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for moral support. Ive been using MFP for about a 2 weeks now. Went from 180 to 174.6 in 2 weeks... still pushing to reach my goal! Good luck.
  • nk9o
    nk9o Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You can add me also. Was 310 2 months ago now at 287. Ways to go also. Short term around 240 long term 205. Also working with a nutritionist monthly helps. Getting easier with time, but do not expect the hunger to go away.It takes perseverance and self control. Glad to help if I can......