Just posting here is a part of the process

Options
So, I've done this before, successfully. I know the rules and the theories. But somehow I haven't been following them and now I'm back to an uncomfortable starting point. The last time, when I was so successful, there was some switch that was in the ON position that made the whole thing fairly simple and easy. That switch is currently in the OFF position and seems to have been super-glued there. I need to switch it back on, but until then, I need to act like it is on and get back to a healthy weight and daily life. Thanks for being part of it with me!

Replies

• MtnMamaK
    MtnMamaK Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am in the same place! 18 months ago everything was on fire and it worked beautifully, but I'm back where I started and my biggest motivation is how gross I feel. Yay. Lol. Fake till we make it, right? BTW, I LOVE your profile pic! I've made that same Yoda! 😁
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,592 Member
    Options
    Hey, there, welcome back to MFP! You have taken a great first step. For what it's worth, there have been lots of discussions here about motivation. I myself don't think you need to *feel like* taking the actions that losing weight. You just need to do them (fake it 'til you make it!). You might look at focusing on your habits, and try building new habits one at a time. When I think of where I was when I started here back at the start of the year, the idea of the switching being off makes sense, and for me it was just that I had built up bad diet and exercise habits. I took on changing them one at a time. Anyway, welcome back to MFP! Happy to be an MFP friend if you want one!