100+ lbs to lose

Options
I am currently 296 lbs. (start weight 304) Need some motivation because sometimes the amount I need to lose seems too overwhelming when .5 to 1 pound only comes off each week. I've got a long way to go and was wondering if anyone else feels like the goal is nowhere in sight!

Replies

• cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Started out at 306 on here Sept 13. I definitely understand your position. Add me if you would like.
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. Feel free to add me as a friend. I have seen alot of people on here set mini goals and that my help you. Just look at 10lb. at a time.
  • zainyk
    zainyk Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Stick with it, it's never easy but soon the numbers lost will go up and along the way the changing you will be your own motivation.
    I started at 288 in March, now at 200 in November. My life has changed entirely in the meantime. It is worth it.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    started @ 337...now in the upper 240's......understand how tough it is...but never give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • shaunagirl
    shaunagirl Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am currently 296 lbs. (start weight 304) Need some motivation because sometimes the amount I need to lose seems too overwhelming when .5 to 1 pound only comes off each week. I've got a long way to go and was wondering if anyone else feels like the goal is nowhere in sight!

There is actually a topic titled "Need to lose 100 lbs or more? Let's start a group!" I have joined them and they are extremely motivating and supportive. You should come over and check us out. Hope to see you there!!
  • awoutlaw
    Options
    Don't give up!! I agree with Deb, set mini goals for yourself. I started at over 270, on MFP at 267 and mini goals have helped me stay on track and resist the overwhelming feeling of needing to lose 120 to 130 lbs in just one bite!

Small bites! You can do it! Feel free to add me! Good luck!
  • vtempes
    Options
    I too can relate. Started at 338 now in the 270's. You can do this! It won't be easy but it'll be SOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it! There is a lot of great support on this site! Feel free to add me.
  • missmarquez2u
    Options
    I have 170lbs to reach my ultimate goal which is 165lbs. I know how frustrating it is and it can seem like it's never gonna happen. But, you didn't gain all that weight over night and it's not gonna drop any quicker. it's a slow process if you wanna lose it for good. changing what you eat is also important. i've added more fruit and veggies and taken away the soda and empty carbs. i also walk my pitbull for 30 minutes twice a day. since i started last week i have lost over 3 lbs . i eat every 3 hours and no more than 1600 calories a day. i'm always full I dont eat rice or pasta grilled fis or chicken and tons of veggies and salad since those are good for you and low carb.
  • Derameth
    Derameth Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Welcome to my world! *lol* at least my world in May 2009. I weighed about 294 ( I probably was more than that but never got back on the scale after seeing that)...Now I weigh between 192-194 and still trying to get down another 15 pounds.

If you look at the entire amount you want to lose, it becomes overwhelming. I mean I had gotten down to 250 and no one even noticed...talk about frustrating...BUT... I noticed my clothing fitting a bit differently...then I stopped worrying about the end result and just did one week at a time... You can do this...and don't worry about the end result...just one day at a time...one week at a time. I am here for you if you ever need a helping hand, ideas, motivation...or even a kick in the pants! *g*
    Dee
  • tigersmama35
    Options
    I started with about 100 to lose, now 75 to go. I'm kinda weird though - I don't even think about the weight goal at all. I try to not think of my weight in numbers at all. I just try to focus on meeting my calorie goals each day and do 20-30 minutes of some activity. I figure if I focus on being more healthy the weight should just take care of itself. I weigh in weekly ONLY to keep my calorie intake goal current and really work hard to not put anything more into that number. The way I look at it - I can NOT control the rate that my body loses this fat, I can control the work I put into it - what I eat and how much I move.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I started 5-6 weeks ago weighing in at 290. At my 5 week weighin I weighed 269. I had a big start at 10 pounds, then it would be only 1 or 2. Then at last Thursday's weigh in, I had lost 6 pounds that week. I'm going to be one that is here for the long haul as I am only 5 foot 3 inches. So losing half of me would be great and is my big goal and then I'll see after that.

I agree to setting mini-goals. Looking at the big number say in my case of losing 140-145, it can seem impossible. So I look at every 10 pounds as a mini-goal. So I have 2 mini-goals down and 12 more to go.

There is such support here at MFP. Just losing 21 pounds has made a difference in my confidence, my energy level and my mindset. Hang around and ask questions, get a good support system of friends (they do make a difference). We're all here for the same reason, our numbers may be different but our goals are the same.

Good Luck!
  • crissting
    crissting Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh now?. I am seeing your post is from 2011.