Tracking Nutrients

Options
Can anyone tell me what the top five categories I should be tracking? At present, I track Calories, Carbs, Fat, Salt and Sugar......I tend to immediately go over on the sugar a few points and sometimes on the salt but I stay on track with all else. Are these the most important? Always try to drink a lot of water when I see I'm going over on the salt. I never realized how much sugar is in foods. I never use reall sugar....haven't used it in years but normal everyday food contains more that I ever dreamed....lol

Replies

• editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    That depends, but my main ones are :
    Carbs
    Fat
    Protein
    Fiber
    Sodium

Sugar is good too, to keep track, but since I don't use sugar at all, I don't worry about sugar anymore. All I use is only vegetables and fruits sugar............

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • diane135130
    diane135130 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Those are the only sugars I use too but it still goes over.... I haven't bought sugar in years but it's inn so many foods. That's why I was concerned. I go over more often than not....so frustrating!!! LOL
  • taem
    taem Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Looking at your food diary, I noticed you are eating processed foods and milk. Have you thought of eating regular oatmeal in the morning?
  • diane135130
    diane135130 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I do eat regular oatmeal practically every day when it cools off but I can't eat it first thing when it's this hot. Wish I could...that's been on my mind a lot lately but I just can't make myself eat something hot then go out in the hot and humid weather we have here in Louisiana.....thanks for the input though and i will definitely do that when it starts to cool down.