I've got this!... NOT

Options
Anybody have a problem with overconfidence? I do one or two days staying to my MFP goals and I think "this is easy, no problem" and immediately start backsliding. It seems like I'm trying to sabotage myself how fast I revert to bad patterns of eating. Anyone else?

Replies

• Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I sabotage in a different way... once I start seeing success on the scale I tend to backslide into old eating habits.

same here!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Anybody have a problem with overconfidence? I do one or two days staying to my MFP goals and I think "this is easy, no problem" and immediately start backsliding. It seems like I'm trying to sabotage myself how fast I revert to bad patterns of eating. Anyone else?

Are you making big changes and then go back to old eating habits? Why not try smaller changes, things that you know you can live with? Focus on the positive things. For example, this week I want to add an extra serving if vegetables.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    That used to be my biggest problem. I'd lose 10 lbs and think I didn't have to try as hard for the next 50 :D Yeah, that's totally not how it works! I'm not sure what has changed this time around, I think I'm just more determined to hit my goal weight so no other number on the scale has made me feel like I don't need to try.
  • RandyInOklahaoma
    RandyInOklahaoma Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing too. I do well for a few days and the scales are nice. Then I will start snacking on junk.....
  • polvo71
    polvo71 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Cahgetsfit wrote: »
    I sabotage in a different way... once I start seeing success on the scale I tend to backslide into old eating habits.

same here!

Ugh, this is totally me! So many times. When will I ever learn.
  • karabobera
    karabobera Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I feel it, you can totally do it though ^^ just start wherever you are- no matter how many times you have to.
  • ThickThighs_SaveLifes
    Options
    I 100% agree! The second I feel like I am showing results and doing good I allow myself to slack. I’m refusing to weigh myself because if I see results I’ll gain weight but if I don’t see change I’ll get sad it’s a battle every day!!
  • competeagain2x
    competeagain2x Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Anniecasto wrote: »
    I 100% agree! The second I feel like I am showing results and doing good I allow myself to slack. I’m refusing to weigh myself because if I see results I’ll gain weight but if I don’t see change I’ll get sad it’s a battle every day!!

It’s difficult to handle success, it truly is. I weigh myself different times throughout the day and it’s actually helped me
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Anniecasto wrote: »

I wish I had the patience not to weigh myself as often, but without constantly weighing myself (daily, but sometimes twice daily out of curiosity) helps me stay on track.
  • scrapbooklady
    scrapbooklady Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I can relate. 2 books I recommend are The Compound Effect - really helps you see the long term picture and Finish - helps to make manageable goals that you can stick to.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    I’ve been maintaining for years. There is no got this. I cringe when I see the “you got this” post.
  • allarounddice
    allarounddice Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I was all excited about walking to work today, but then chickened out because it might rain. I feel disappointed in myself. But I can do it tomorrow.
  • grebber1
    grebber1 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I am 17 pounds away from my first major goal and once I got within 20 pounds of it I somehow got relaxed. I still track and everything but something just doesn't seem right like I'll get there when I get there instead of let's hurry up and get this done
  • JayFromThatOnePlace
    Options
    I feel like each individual day is not hard (I'm new here but have done weight loss before).

The hard part is not letting life get in the way. I only do good if I meal track and meal tracking is a pain in the *kitten*. It's very easy to say " this is taking too long I'll just estimate". There goes the train off the tracks.