I’ve got to make this work this time

Options
Hello,

I downloaded MyFitnessPal about 2 years ago. I lost the 30 lbs I wanted and it was great. Well, my weight slowly creeped back up over the past few years. I gained the weight back and then some. It’s very discouraging.

I’m starting a journey to lose 70 lbs, and I was hoping to find some motivation among all of you. My blood pressure cannot handle this weight anymore and I’m hoping healthy lifestyles changes will help me.

I wish all of you the best on your weight loss journeys. We got this!! :)

Replies

• lucy266286
    lucy266286 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You have my support!!!
  • crissting
    crissting Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Just stay focused on yourself and why this is important to you.
  • PrincessLaya92
    PrincessLaya92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm wanting to lose 70 pounds as well! Let's do it!
  • MK_78
    MK_78 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You got this!! just Stay focused on your end goal and how amazing you’ll feel when that last pounds gone!!! x
  • gsssks
    gsssks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same story. Lost 65 and have gained 24 back. Can’t seem to get myself focused and back on track? Looking for accountability and support. Let’s do this together. Live in Los Angeles. What about you?
    -Susan
  • swarthafoc
    swarthafoc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can do it! We're all here with you!!
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Welcome back.you can do this :)
  • ettenaej
    ettenaej Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words. I REALLY appreciate the encouragement.

@gsssks I’m like an hour from LA. In the Rancho Cucamonga area
  • Foodie9890
    Foodie9890 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just logged back on as well. I lost about 45 through WW back in 2011/2012. 30 pounds have slowly crept back on. So frustrating!!! I can really feel the weight gain in my physical well-being. I need to do this! Let’s do this together!
  • MrWeather81
    MrWeather81 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ettenaej wrote: »
    Hello,

I downloaded MyFitnessPal about 2 years ago. I lost the 30 lbs I wanted and it was great. Well, my weight slowly creeped back up over the past few years. I gained the weight back and then some. It’s very discouraging.

I’m starting a journey to lose 70 lbs, and I was hoping to find some motivation among all of you. My blood pressure cannot handle this weight anymore and I’m hoping healthy lifestyles changes will help me.

I wish all of you the best on your weight loss journeys. We got this!! :)

When I read this I could have thought it was me writing. Lol.

I am totally in the same stage of my fitness as you.

I wish you all the luck in your conquest.
  • mialynngrrrr
    mialynngrrrr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Feeling the same. Just struggling to get that drive to get to my goals. Being prediabetic is scary and want to just feel good. Not uncomfortable anymore. Good luck to you!
  • Lshona
    Lshona Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Same here. Lost 40 gained back 20. Ugh!!!
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    You have done it before so you can do it again. This time when you reach your goal weight just keep doing it, just with a few extra calories. If what you are doing to lose the weight isn't something you want to keep doing in maintenance then find a more sustainable way of reducing your calories.
  • dlianne256
    dlianne256 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same here hun
  • beckygammon
    beckygammon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Me too! We have got this!! :)