When will it happen

csawh
csawh Posts: 1 Member
I’ve struggled with my weight for many years now. I just had a baby five months ago and I’m trying to shed these pounds! I keep going off track and I feel like I can do it but then a craving will get in the way or someone will get me food or something and it will throw me off for a while. It’s very discouraging especially when you aren’t seeing any progress:(

Replies

• Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    I'd like to answer but my response might be a little "direct" so I won't unless you'd like to hear it and think that might help
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    edited November 2018
    It will happen exactly when you've had enough and decide to make it happen. Nothing will happen on its own, you will not find motivation somewhere. You have to want it bad enough to commit to it, and if you do, a single "bad" meal or even day won't matter, because you will just get back on track. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's truly the only way. Nobody from the outside can help you with it.

Somebody on here said "Being fat is hard. Losing weight is hard. Pick your hard." For me, that sums it up perfectly.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    csawh wrote: »
    I’ve struggled with my weight for many years now. I just had a baby five months ago and I’m trying to shed these pounds! I keep going off track and I feel like I can do it but then a craving will get in the way or someone will get me food or something and it will throw me off for a while. It’s very discouraging especially when you aren’t seeing any progress:(

it will 'happen' when you consistently eat less than you burn.
  • Runaroundafieldx2
    Runaroundafieldx2 Posts: 233 Member
    csawh wrote: »

If you crave something then eat it. Just make it fit your calorie allowance.

No food is off limits.

If someone gets you food then either decline it or measure out a serving that fits your calories.

You have a five month old child, think now about the eating habits you will show them.