thinking of ordering the 30 day shread

Options
hey all ive noticed that many people do the 30day shread.
can you answer me a few questions please

1- how long is each day?
2- should i use in conjunction with my 5 days a week at the gym (50-70min workouts)
3- did it work for you

thanks

Replies

• chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I would like the answers to those questions too:-)
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    Depends on what you're already doing at the gym. If you're already doing a good, solid routine adding to it won't help. Research shows that working out more than about 90min a day doesn't yield any better results. Your muscles are already as fatigued as they're going to get.
  • rebekah_anne81
    Options
    I did it. But I didn't do it 30 days in a row. 1) Its about 20 minutes a day. 2) Its pretty strenuous (at least it was for me), so if you do it everyday you might at least want to lessen what you do at the gym. 3) I didn't really lose much weight with it, but I did lose some inches. But then again, I didn't always do well with my food, which wouldn't help. And I didn't do it everyday either...I only did it 3-4 days a week. I had a friend who did it & she lost inches & weight. Hope this is helpful.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    if you have netflix, they carry it so you can try it before you invest
  • dibboozy
    dibboozy Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi Tonilizzy88,

You have 3 levels - you do level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days and then onto level 3 for the last 10 days. The work outs are 20 mins but are actually about 24/26 mins with chat and explanations added in. The way it works out is 3 mins of strengthening (thats the killer for me!), 2 mins of cardio and 1 min of abs.
    I started this in August and managed the first 10 days on level 1, then last weekend it was my 25th birthday and complete blew it. So I've decided i'm going to start again from the beginning in September. I didn't loose much weight (some times people report that you can gain weight with muscle) but I lost inches on my legs and waist and felt so much more toned. You notice a difference within the first 4 days.
    If you already do quite a bit at the gym, you might find level 1 ok (I wouldn't say easy though). I do quite a lot in the gym but mostly cardio (i'm working on building weights into my routine) and feel I have a good fitness but I was sweating quite a bit within the first 10 mins of this dvd. Whats brilliant about it is it's just 20 mins, which I felt went really quickly andas long as you put your all in to every minute, then thats it. Over and done and it works your whole body.

I would recommend! And if you do do it, take before and after pics. You could start it with me in September!? :o)
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    1- how long is each day?
    5 minute warmup
    3 'circuits or about 6 minutes each = 18 minutes
    5 minute cooldown/stretchout
    about 30 minutes.

2- should i use in conjunction with my 5 days a week at the gym (50-70min workouts)
    I don't see why not. Navy Seals in BUDS work out 9 hours a day, going from 70 minutes to 100 minutes a day seems reasonable.

3- did it work for you
    Yes it did, I got more fit and my aerobic capacity went up. I need to do it again.