here is my list for toning (need advice)

Options
hey guys well i am very heavy and i already do cardio but want to tone as i am losing weight. Something i did not do in the past when losing weight.
Here are the exercise i have i wanted to see if anything should be added and also how should i do it should i do it all in one day 3 times a week and if not how should i break it up, i really am clueless lol a lot of these workouts i got from my personal trainer i had for a day in the past but added some stuff to them. and i am a beginner should i start with 5 pounds or more? thanks for any help guys

ab
pelvic thrust
basic crunch
right oblique crunch
left oblique crunch
bicycle crunch
reverse crunch
long arm crunch
crossover crunch
half curl
vertical leg crunch
plank

butt/leg
squat
front lunges
side lunges
dead lift
donkey kick right
donkey kick left
flutter kicks
frog glute lifts

arms
overhead press
bicep curls
tricep left then right
bent over rows
front raises
reverse bridge dips
half push ups
high side plank right then left

Replies

• mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Looks good, just make sure you mix it up everyday.
  • LaurenKauf
    Options
    Hi there! With my experience with trainers and weight loss your best bet wouldBe to space
    t divide your training upper one day lower body the next and back after that. My training rourtine looks like this:
    Monday: upper body tone focus/abs
    Tuesday: cardio/abs
    Wednesday:lower body with extra attention to my butt
    Thursday: cardio/abs
    friday: back/abs
    Saturday: total body/abs/cardio
    Sunday: rest

Now when i say that i do abs everyday ill do 10 crunches here and 10 there. Not doing a major ab brn.
    and this is my " in a perfect world" routine. The best results require a good balance of cardio strenght training and a balanced diet. Good luck and i hope this helped a bit!
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    thanks guys i am thinking of doing arms and abs together and legs/butt together i will do both 2 times a week maybe like this:

monday arms and abs--light cardio
    tuesday hard cardio
    wed legg and butt and then light cardio
    thursday hard cardio
    friday arms and abs light cardio
    sat cardio
    sun can do butt and legs and lugh cardio

the thing i like is i can always do the weights at home if i cant get to the gym to do my cardio i am still doing my weights and stuff :)