Where are my tea drinkers at?

Options

Replies

• leahkathleen13
    leahkathleen13 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Kava tea is great for reducing stress and making you calm. Perfect before a test for mental clarity and anti-anxiety!
  • Wellness_Whit
    Wellness_Whit Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oh my gossssh! I came back and didn't expect so many responses on this! I LOVE it! So many fellow tea drinkers. It's great to meet you all. I have so many new teas to try thanks to you all! Thanks for the input/suggestions/responses! ♥
  • carolannerhardt
    carolannerhardt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love tea, too! I drink decaf. Right now I'm drinking Twinings Lady Grey and Earl Grey in the morning. For afternoons and evenings I like Celestial Seasonings Country Peach Passion. I switch around on the flavors for Celestial Seasonings. I used to get some great tea at The Anderson's store, but they closed. Boo hoo... Now I shop at the local grocery store and there aren't as many decaf versions.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I don't care for tea, but my husband drinks it. His favorites are Tazo Awake and Stash Double Bergamot. Right now he's drinking a lot of Celestial Seasonings Sweet Harvest Pumpkin, because fall flavors.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I drink my tea hot with sugar and honey mixed together. Now that I am cutting calories, I use less honey and splenda instead.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    I love herbal teas! I am a big fan of Celestial Seasonings! I love all their fruit teas. Cinnamon Apple Spice and Raspberry Zinger are my current favorites. I need to pick up some of their holiday teas next -- Cranberry Vanilla Wonderland and Sugar Plum Spice look right up my alley.
  • FranInGR
    FranInGR Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I do caffeine-free teas, too, and have a few favorites. Organic India makes a good line of "Tulsi" tea, and also "Wellness" teas. I'm drinking one called "Balance" now. Yogi teas are very good as well.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I love Harney + Sons Hot Cinnamon Sunset - so spicy! I also love Twinings broadly - such good flavors.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I typically drink coffee, but have discovered some new teas that have made me crave the tea more. I am a huge peppermint fan and drink this at night to help with my sweet tooth cravings. I also found the Tazo dessert teas which taste wonderful as well.
  • swirlybee
    swirlybee Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I love tea, mostly green tea and pu'er tea nowadays.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I drink loose leaf green and black teas at home (I order from Adagio) but I keep bags of Celestial Seasonings fruit-flavored herbal teas at work to keep me from mindless snacking. I've honestly never tried a flavor I didn't like, so I just grab whatever catches my fancy on grocery day :smile:
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    One more I forgot to mention -- I treat myself by occasionally buying Ito-En bottled tea. All of their unsweetened teas are excellent. Their green tea is unlike what I am able to make at home -- rich and smoky and wow!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    I love spearmint and chamomile teas as a substitute for calorie drinks.
  • karabobera
    karabobera Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have a bag of loose leaf peach tea and it's amazing- you don't even have to add honey to make it taste any better! I also love blueberry tea, coconut oolong, and vanilla black tea. Green tea (iced, with honey) always tastes really good after a run, too, and just kind of makes me feel really healthy, ha ha.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Ceylon black tea is my latest favorite and English Breakfast tea is my more readily available favorite. I drink tea hot and with nothing in it. I do start my day, though, with (doctored) coffee (adding fake vanilla sweetened creamer).
  • susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Tazo Zen is my favorite green tea, I drink it almost daily. I also adore Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime. That's been my go-to since childhood, and I got my husband into it years ago as well. I like strong, plain tea, so I often use two tea bags, and I don't add any milk, sugar, or honey (unless I have a sore throat).
  • margbarco
    margbarco Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Plain old back black tea, unsweetened with a squeeze of lemon.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I started drinking tea somewhat regularly just a few weeks ago when I was sick and have since been drinking tea once or twice a day with my afternoon snack and after dinner. Having it at snack helps me eat less at snack and is just pretty comforting, especially as the weather gets colder, and having it after dinner helps me feel satisfied without "needing" dessert. Sometimes I'll have a small little something for dessert with my tea after dinner but it's really been helping me stay within my calorie budget and I've actually been able to lose a few extra pounds since then.

I currently have Celestial Seasonings at home, but I also like Twinning, Bigelow, and am generally not terribly picky when it comes to the brand as long as I can make a decent strong cup. I usually add some honey and non dairy milk or creamer so it's not calorie free, but has still helped me to reduce my calorie intake in other ways.

I also love coffee but try to keep my coffee habit to one cup (my 16 oz thermos) per day since I use considerably more creamer with it. I used to have two or three cups every morning but I'm pretty happy now with my once cup of coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon and evening.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Ooo, I am such a tea junkie! I love Harney & Sons - Cinnamon Sunset has been a long-time favorite. I first picked up "Cinnamon Spice" and then switched to "Cinnamon Sunset" when I couldn't find the former. I figured I just didn't have a discerning palate because they taste the same to me, but when my grocery store stopped carrying it (SAD FACE) I went to their website to order more and it says it's the same blend in both, just a packaging different! ;D

Anyway, I also love Paris, and when I ordered both they also sent me a sampler of Dragon Pearl Jasmine and Early Grey Supreme, so I look forward to trying those. Some other favorites include Twinnings Lady Grey, and Stash Breakfast in Paris (black/lavender) and Chai Spice. I also like Celestial Seasonings herbal varieties. Bengal Spice and Lavender Lemon Lift are two of my favorites, but their Peach and Apple teas are also quite good.
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Especially in the colder months, tea is my go-to after lunch or in the evenings. Numi Toasted Rice, Harney & Sons Earl Grey. I also like Trader Joes Oolong and Earl Grey.