New to here and calorie counting. I’m a bit confused with calorie goals and macros.

Options
Hi please help. Went online put my details in and it said 1801 maintain cals. 1301 cutting. Do I input the 1301 calorie intake in my fitness pal as my daily goal or the 1801? Thanks

Replies

• ciara609
    ciara609 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
  • wolftrucking08
    wolftrucking08 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If you have a medical condition I would recommend asking your physician for his or her recommended calorie intake.

Your calorie intake depends primarily on your on your age, sex, height, current weight, activity level, and fitness goal/s. 1300 sounds low.
    Most active females 1500 is a reasonable benchmark active males 2000 cal/day. By active I mean you don't have any serious medical conditions and can do at least 30 min a day of cardio activity like walking at a fast pace, biking etc.
    If you work your food choices and follow good portion control you might find it difficult to reach even the recommended 1500 / 2000 calorie benchmark.

When I added my bio data height, weight, age, activity level, it said I should eat 3100 calories :o !!
    I set the goal to 2000. I come in under almost every day 9 out of 10 days usually closer to 1500 give or take a couple hundred calories.

The key factors to coming in under is.
    1) Food selection
    2) Portion Control
    3) Cutting processed foods, junk food, and soda even diet soda.
    Brewed Coffee, Tea, and water are usually allowed.
    4) Lean high protein foods like chicken breast, fish, and fresh or frozen vegetables.

As you add exercise you will earn additional calories. even though I stay with my 2000 calories so I avoid blowing my success.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    eamon2304 wrote: »
    Hi please help. Went online put my details in and it said 1801 maintain cals. 1301 cutting. Do I input the 1301 calorie intake in my fitness pal as my daily goal or the 1801? Thanks

So that means 1800 cals per day would have you maintain your current weight. 1300 would have you lose 1 lb per week. That means 1550 would have you lose 0.5lbs per week.

If you don't have a lot to lose, 1 lb per week may be too much. 1300 is not a lot of calories!

Just to correct another post... It sounds like you got those calorie numbers off of another TDEE calculator, is that correct? If so, it already includes exercise, so you wouldn't log your exercise and eat back those calories - you only do that if you get your calorie goal from MFP.

Check out the Most Helpful Posts threads pinned to the top of each forum - lots of great beginner info there. Good luck!