bodybug VS bodymedia FIT

Options
going to buy one of these this weekend!!! which one should i get and why? i need input please!!!

Replies

• Davius
    Davius Posts: 4
    Options
    Before you buy anything, have you checked out the Fitbit? Worked great for me until I lost it about 4 months ago. I am "re-starting" my diet again and want to use this for motivation. They have great customer service. I emailed them about losing it and they are sending me a new one for half price. Check out their website and I think you'll like it. Hopefully, the new one will be at my house soon.
  • liftingbro
    liftingbro Posts: 2,029 Member
    Options
    They are pretty much the same device. I have a BB and it works great. From what I understand BMF is the same exact device but the software is nicer and does sleep analysis. However, the devices work and track calorie burn exactly the same. BMF is normally more expensive though.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I have the Bodymedia FIT and it's worth every penny. Love it. =)

BB and BM Fit are pretty much the same like Mcrow said except for sleep monitoring and the fancy software.
  • karrenbennett
    Options
    I loved my bodybug. (never used the body media fit)

The bodybug requires a subscription use. I just found out that you can't even use the device once the subscription runs out with just the watch and no online service.

So here's my assessment of the BodyBugg.

Pros:
    a) i loved how simple it is to use.
    b) i liked wearing the watch so I could see right then my calories burned.
    c) small and light weight
    d) easy to recharge
    e) can sync to an iphone

Bodybug will tell you calories burned by the minute but it does have its share of problems.
    a) it doesn't report correctly when cycling and moving the body bug from your arm to your leg over-reports the calories.
    b) if your arm is not in motion then it thinks you are at rest (most of the time)
    c) outside temperature can affect reporting
    d) you have to use it for a while (maybe 4 to 6 weeks) before you get a more accurate report of calories burned.
    e) you can't get it wet - so no swimming with it on
    f) mine would go offline for no apparent reason. the offline beep is faint so many times I didn't know it was not recording.
    g) Java has to be installed to sync it online. I have three computers which I use and all three have the same version of Java. One computer it worked consistently, one it never worked and one was hit-or-miss. I finally quit troubleshooting it and just used the one I knew it would work on.
    h) the online site tended to 'throw you out' of the program. That's frustrating.
    I) no GPS functionality
    j) no heart rate reporting
    K) does not report calories burned correct when weight training
    l) requires an online subscription

Would I purchase another one? Yes
    Will I still use mine? Yes
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    BMF here and I love it. You can get a good deal through Costco that comes with a year's free subscription. Amazon and ebay have better prices too. I got the bluetooth version from Amazon and I love checking my stats easily through the day. Very motivating!
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    I love MY BMF, I have been using it for 4-5 months.