Regained weight

Options
I am always on diet and work outs...I lose weight I gain weight, I did this many times, my body adopted everything, now I gained weight and unable to lose with proper diet and work outs. Please help me

Replies

• KimWinegardner
    KimWinegardner Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear this. Have you had your thyroid checked recently? I think some people forget this. What has changed to gain it back? Age plays a large factor, stress, social eating, etc. I'm here if you need to chat. Good luck to you!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Best thing you can do is have a reasonable deficit for the weight you want to lose.

Use a food scale for everything and refine your logging (lots of MFP entries are not accurate). Weigh and log every single thing that passes your lips.

Be consistent, long term. Really, really, important. It's ok to have an off day for a celebration, date night etc, but don't let it throw you off, return to your norm asap.

Exercise if you wish, it is good for you, and eat back your exercise cals for optimal performance and to avoid fatigue.

Age is a small factor, the decline in activity as we age is a factor.
    (I know, once I started moving like my 25yo self I could eat like my 25yo self at 65)

Don't always be on a diet, eat the foods you love, just a little less.

Cheers, h.
  • swapnalatha_t
    swapnalatha_t Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am going for blood work to check thyroid, no social eatings....one thing I also noticed is during my periods I bloat gain 2 lbs and never losing those added pounds, those pounds piled up😔
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Try not diet or cutting carbs or anything of that nature. Eat properly, exercise, sleep, drink water. Your body should do what it supposed to. If not, see a doc.
  • KimWinegardner
    KimWinegardner Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Best thing you can do is have a reasonable deficit for the weight you want to lose.

Use a food scale for everything and refine your logging (lots of MFP entries are not accurate). Weigh and log every single thing that passes your lips.

Be consistent, long term. Really, really, important. It's ok to have an off day for a celebration, date night etc, but don't let it throw you off, return to your norm asap.

Exercise if you wish, it is good for you, and eat back your exercise cals for optimal performance and to avoid fatigue.

Age is a small factor, the decline in activity as we age is a factor.
    (I know, once I started moving like my 25yo self I could eat like my 25yo self at 65)

Don't always be on a diet, eat the foods you love, just a little less.

Cheers, h.

Very informative information, thanks for the insight. I do think age can play a great role in weight loss, but don't think it should be used as an excuse. Our metabolism can very well slow down as our age climbs. You do have very good points about moving more as we did at a younger age though. ☺