Hi everyone!

Options
I'm Belle. I'm new. I'm fat.

Okay, well, let me clarify, I'm not so much new, I've been doing lots of late night lurking around here the past week or so. I've been using MFP on my iPhone for about a month now.

I feel creepy not at least introducing myself and letting you all know I'm here, even if I don't have a good & proper introduction just yet.

The profile picture is not me, duh. I was standing behind this gorgeous woman at Starbucks thinking a) just the inspiration I need right now . b) o.m.g. be-yotch get out of here you're making me look fat and c) uh! she's getting a grande vanilla bean frap WITH whip and she still has that body? luuuucky! - well, come to find out it was for her son who was waiting outside. Dang. Okay, so I the fact that I took her picture is probably oh-so-wrong and makes the late night lurking around here without introducing myself seem way less creepy, I'm sure. While I still feel guilty, she can't look like that and not expect people to drool. (I'm straight, by the way. . . it's just a little body envy).

So, just a little about me, I'm 25, I have two kids, and I've wanted to lose weight and get in shape for way too long. Now that my youngest is 1, I'm done breastfeeding and sooo done being pregnant, I feel like this is my time to have the body I want and deserve!

I'm 5'6" and have been fluctiating between 187-184 for a week now and I plan to lose 30 lbs. I started one the 1st of June at 188.8 and my oh-so-great plan was to take a picture in a pair of jeans my sister bought for me that did.not.fit. and use it as a gauge for my progress pictures--well after being super annoyed at this fluctuation business and reading tons of posts about the scale not moving but inches were coming off I decided to put them on today and they fit! A small but very welcome accomplishment for sure!

Anyways, I've been trying to work in Turbo Jam here and there but I'll admit I haven't been completely consistent. With two young ones and working 12-hour night shifts it's pretty challenging to find the time and the energy, but I'm commiting to it and I know with baby steps I can make it happen. I also recently started the 30 day shred and I have yet to get through an entire 20 minutes (I don't know if I can blame my lack of endurance or my children) but both times I've been so sore the next day that I cuss out Jillian Michaels everytime I go up and down the stairs. :laugh:

While I haven't been the best at logging my food this past few days I have turned a whole new page on the way I eat and the choices I make which is huge for me. I've always had a healthy mindset and incorporated healthy stuff, but I'm foodie for sure and have always over-indulged in just about anything I wanted.

I apologize that this turned out to be longer and way more boring than I meant for it to be, but at least I'll feel less like I'm just hiding out and more like I can comment on other posts around here without being a total stranger. This seems like an AMAZING community and the support, progress, and successes are incredible.

-Belle

Replies

• courtneylyna
    Options
    Wow, I was reading that and it sounded like me! I don't know how much of my profile you looked at, but I started at about 179 in Feb, 2 months after my 2nd child and have just recently made it to 10lbs gone! I am still breastfeeding though so I don't want to cut down calories too much yet! I HATE to exercise, but I recently started following the advanced calendar in the Turbo Jam book, and I am addicted!! I did my workout last night at 8:30 because I didn't feel right about taking an unscheduled day off! I am worried because I have to go back to work soon and I don't know how I am going to fit it in with work, but i am gonna bust my *kitten* to lose this weight!! I guess I just want to say to you that you CAN do it! I understand it IS hard to get time in, especially with 2 little ones, and at first it will SUCK to give up that down time when they finally take a nap or go to bed or when they are sitting and playing nicely, but after a while you will hopefully WANT to do it on your down time! I started with the 20 minute and once I got those moves down and was bored with it I moved on to the others, and they don't seem so bad! Good luck~ and keep looking for those motivators, even if they involve lurking :-D
  • maxsdad9
    maxsdad9 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Your not as fat as I was. I am 5'6 1/2 and weighed 236 at my heaviest. MFP and LAP Band Surgery have helped me lose 40lbs in the past 5 months. Exercise is helping as well. Im still only eating 1200 calories or less per day and this is working for me. I have gone from a size 48 waist to a 42 and am looking forward to my goal weight of 170 and waist size 38. Stop lurking and log in everyday. It makes all the difference. I am no longer diabetic (that's why I did LAP-BAND) I still haven't has my first fill so it will be interesting to see what happens afterwards. Good luck and keep the faith. I think the profile pic goal is a good idea. Dont be afraid to post actual pics of you as well. Im working on some before and after shots as I already look dramatically different. I can feel bones in my body that I haven't noticed in almost 15 years....