Not losing :(

Options
Hey guys! I started at 5’4.5 and 135 pounds in January, and I have been hovering at 130 pounds for months now. I was previously eating 1700ish calories, and when I wasn’t losing, I moved down to 1500 calories and saw about a pound or two of weight loss. However, I’ve been stuck at 130 for 2-3 months now. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you!

Replies

• johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options

Digital food scale for every bit you eat. Fixing all your own meals. (or 90%)

Yup
  • bigbandjohn
    bigbandjohn Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    What is your goal? What does the app say you should be eating to lose weight and not maintain your weight? If you are in a healthy range, unless you have a naturally very small frame should you really be trying to lose more? Have you asked a doctor or nutritionist about it?
  • dulinh
    dulinh Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm your height and started at the same weight in November of last year. It is doable to lose weight but not at all easy. The biggest thing is weighing and honestly logging every single thing, every single day. Logging meticulously also helps me understand the calories I need to maintain my weight. Upping my activity has helped too - first with cardio and then switched over to weight lifting in April (wish I had made the switch sooner).

Without knowing your activity level or maintenance calorie range its impossible to tell if you would lose weight on 1500 or 1700 calories/day.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I started at 5’4.5 and 135 pounds in January, and I have been hovering at 130 pounds for months now. I was previously eating 1700ish calories, and when I wasn’t losing, I moved down to 1500 calories and saw about a pound or two of weight loss. However, I’ve been stuck at 130 for 2-3 months now. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you!

I'm 5'4" and down to 178 (from 199).

I'd give my right arm and two toes off my left foot to be at 135 pounds. (well, ok, I would not really want to give up body parts to drop weight, but, i guess you know where i'm coming from!!!)

Looking at my progress charts for the last 65 days of logging, I see fluctuations up and down in my daily weight.

Maybe that is some of that pesky 5lbs you are dealing with.

good luck to you!
  • celeste_2009
    celeste_2009 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the encouragement, Amy! :)