Where are all the Amazon women?

Options
no disrespect to the vertically-challenged, but I would love to find the tall ladies to add as friends! As a tall female, it can get extremely discouraging to see people have a goal weight or start weight under 140 because...well, as somebody 5'11", if I weighed under140 I would probably be partially decayed!! So for those of you who know how I feel, let me know! Maybe we could startt a tall group? (or would that be too discriminating?!?) :-)

Replies

• AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Search for Totally Tall Women - thats a group. I dont belong there (5'0), but saw it on the forum. :happy:
  • cherdan
    cherdan Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 and have a goal weight of 150, so I can relate to what you mean by seeing so many women with starting weights of 140, etc. I also have seen a disturbing amount of men online say they won't consider dating a woman "above 140", etc., or whatever weight they deem "heavy." Society almost never seems to take into account a woman's height in reference to weight. I am at the healthy BMI for my height, but society still deems me "fat"? I call bull****. /end rant :p
  • shazzamax11
    Options
    Hey
    I'm 5ft 9, not as tall as you but quite tall. I'm a big boned girl with size 8 feet and a large bust..........*sigh*
    Feel free to add me if you want.

;o)
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Hey
    I'm 5ft 9, not as tall as you but quite tall. I'm a big boned girl with size 8 feet and a large bust..........*sigh*
    Feel free to add me if you want.

;o)

Are you mentioning your feet because you think they're large? Because I'm only 5'2" and my feet are 9W. :laugh: Hope that makes you feel better about your very proportionate feet.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Im 5 foot 11 and totally know where youre coming from, feel free to add me :D
  • BigReddHair
    Options
    I am 5'11 and have a goal weight of 150, so I can relate to what you mean by seeing so many women with starting weights of 140, etc. I also have seen a disturbing amount of men online say they won't consider dating a woman "above 140", etc., or whatever weight they deem "heavy." Society almost never seems to take into account a woman's height in reference to weight. I am at the healthy BMI for my height, but society still deems me "fat"? I call bull****. /end rant :p

Men don't date tall women because they're intimidated! They're scared. Luckily my 5'8" husband of almost 10 years loved me the day He met me (at 220) and loves me still...even with my 5" heels!
  • cmduncan
    cmduncan Posts: 69
    Options
    At 5'10", I feel your concerns. My goal weight is 150-160ish. Add if you'd like!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I'm short as *kitten* and I say GO FOR IT. I'm 5'2" and my goal weight is 135. I'm stuck at about 180 right now so feel free to add me, too, while you're at it. :D
  • agentblondie
    Options
    Just 5 feet 9 but understand how you feel! Please feel free to add me :-)
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    hey not that Im taking it too personally,and being a member of a few threads for shorties,I think its great that you want to find people more similar to you. That being said the term "vertically challenged" is actually a little bit discriminating. By using the word challenged you are implying that our height gives us a setback or disadvantage in life. I for one and definitely not held back by my height in the least.....okay I have to use a step ladder to reach my top shelves....nbd
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    hey not that Im taking it too personally,and being a member of a few threads for shorties,I think its great that you want to find people more similar to you. That being said the term "vertically challenged" is actually a little bit discriminating. By using the word challenged you are implying that our height gives us a setback or disadvantage in life. I for one and definitely not held back by my height in the least.....okay I have to use a step ladder to reach my top shelves....nbd

It's a common saying. It's a play on the overly-PC nature of our society. I doubt the OP meant any offense.
  • Pidders89
    Pidders89 Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

Men don't date tall women because they're intimidated! They're scared. Luckily my 5'8" husband of almost 10 years loved me the day He met me (at 220) and loves me still...even with my 5" heels!

I think that can be very true! and some people are just shallow and think men should be taller than their women, i for one am taller than my boyfriend and it doesnt bother me so i dont let people get to me, same as my sister she is 6'3 and is married to a 5'8 man and it has never bothered them :)

xxx
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options

I think that can be very true! and some people are just shallow and think men should be taller than their women, i for one am taller than my boyfriend and it doesnt bother me so i dont let people get to me, same as my sister she is 6'3 and is married to a 5'8 man and it has never bothered them :)

xxx

Sorry to contribute to the thread derailment, but I just had to weigh in on this... My most recent bf was the same height as me (on a good day) and it hugely affected my attraction to him. I just have the hots for tall guys. It's not shallow. It feels...chemical. I genuinely tried the short guy thing and can honestly say that it just does NOT work for me. That's NOT why we broke up...not even close. But I would NEVER date a shorter guy again. In fact, 5'10 or 5'11" would be my absolute cut-off point moving forward.

I don't think it's shallow at all. It's like saying "I don't date morbidly obese people." It's not shallow. You're just completely incapable of being attracted to that kind of body.

/rant

:drinker:
  • kayler00
    kayler00 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8, thats tall - I guess. I always get complimented on my height, haha.
  • BigReddHair
    Options

LOL - that actually made me laugh! it's not a disadvantage...trust me...you guys steal our jeans so you can wear heels :p
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know when a size 8 shoe was considered big! Ha Ha. I'm 5'10", have a size 11 shoe and can palm a men's basketball! I have an arm span of 6'1" - with all that, I actually have a smaller frame - weird, I know. So, my goal weight is 148. I'm 5 lbs away!
  • BigReddHair
    Options
    I'd like to know when a size 8 shoe was considered big! Ha Ha. I'm 5'10", have a size 11 shoe and can palm a men's basketball! I have an arm span of 6'1" - with all that, I actually have a smaller frame - weird, I know. So, my goal weight is 148. I'm 5 lbs away!

1- we are shoe sisters. size 11 SUCKS to wear. i HATE shoe shopping!
    2- i worked with all men in my last office....we did a contest to see who had the biggest hand...i won...LOL
    3- CONGRATULATIONS! That's amazing that you're so close to your goal!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5' 9 1/2" ...and my GW is 140 (actually 150, but I need to quit smoking when I get there, so I'm looking for a 'buffer zone" for the potential gain).

In response to the dating thing...I used to feel that way too. I met my hubby in a tire store waiting room, so we were seated the whole time we were talking, and my vehicle was done first, so we didn't stand next to each other. I even went out shopping for new flats for our first date, because I was SO worried he was shorter than me. Anyway..he's around 5' 11", so my big heels put me a little taller, but he doesn't mind, and surprisingly, neither do I. Seems to me a lot of people find the "right one" in someone other than their usual type....
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    I'm 5'10" or 5'11", depending on the day (scoliosis) and have a size 11, size 12 shoe. I wear a size 13 ring and have been told by several doctors that I should not go lower than 170-180 pounds. I learned to make jewelry because I need a 9.5" bracelet, and I really don't have a lot of fat around my wrist. My bones really are that of a football player. My arms are long, long, long....always hard to find clothes with arms that fit.

I'm 54 years old, so maybe that's partially why the docs tell me to aim for the high weight. I've always wanted to be 149 because I was in the 150s in high school and all of my friends has much smaller frames and were in the 130s and 140s, even though they were my height.

I'm 261 this morning (like everyone, I move around a lot in the numbers) and I have a very looooong way to go.
  • kmcallahan2010
    Options
    5'9" but, I understand. I told the little children I babysit I weigh 150 and they thought II was huge!! haha, regardless of the fact that this is a totally acceptable weight for me. Feel free to add me if you want, We'll never look good at 130 :)