i need help !! Weight loss has stopped

Options
Ok I dropped over 30 pounds biking,running and eating better ( look at my diet ) now I still bike or run at least an hour a day and keep my hr around 135-137 but I am not loosing any more weight ! I would like to drop about 10 pounds and get rid of the belly flab....I am under on my calories every day but im not hungry so it seems stupid to eat more and I still feel if I eat as much as they say I should I would gain....

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    yeah, well, you need to eat more. sorry.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    you need to eat more. trust the MFP system or find one that you do.

it's easy to find success stories here with people who use MFP as intended - and eating all your calories - exercise included is how the site indends.
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    increase your protein to about 1 gm per lb of body weight, stop drinking wine. add strength training to your routine and eat more.
  • EatDrinkandbeSkinny
    Options
    Try changing your routine, try doing more strength training with weights and less cardio for a few days. Also makes sure that your giving yourself some days off. A lot of times a few days with higher calorie intake and no exercise can jump start your system so that you can return to your routine and continue to lose weight.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    try changing your exercise routine a little...worke some different muscles...that may boost a weight loss!
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Two possible solutions (but not the only two): Eat more, move less.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I think its the other way round.
    i think as uv gotten fitter your deficit is less now..
    I think u should try eating maybe 200 calories less,
    or try zig-zagging your calories.
    Eat how u normal eat one day, then the next eat 200 calories less, then the next day eat the normal amount you would eat, etc..
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Yep, eat more. I thought that I would gain more too if I did that. Turns out I lost 2 pounds the first week I decided to increase my calorie intake. Eat.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Change your workout routine?
  • m_hollywood
    Options
    LIFT! You must lift to gain muscle. Doing all cardio burns EVERYTHING - muscle included! To drop more weight, you have to build muscle.
  • sunrize_sc
    sunrize_sc Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Less carbs, more protein.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Lots of good advice, mix it up and see which option works for you. Be patient, I swear the last 10 takes forever!
  • pp67
    pp67 Posts: 26
    Options
    If you're gaining weight, you're consuming more calories than you're burning. You are eating more calories than your exercise calories.
    Become a knowledgeable consumer and check those nutritional labels on food packaging.
    Become aware of the calories per gram of different foods to be aware of "the cost" of each gram.
    If you want to lose weight...take your current weight (in lbs) and times it by 7 then minus by 500. This is the total amount of calories you can consume to lose weight. Every time you drop in weight recalculate.
    Also check your sodium levels are low.
    To lose body fat and not muscle... have a look at what body builders do for their stage competitions.
    http://www.probodybuilding.com/bodybuilding-diet-male-pre-contest.php
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    this happened to me over the last 3 weeks no matter what I did I just couldn't get under 178 so I finally listened to everyone and I also talked to a nutritionist and I started eating more

well that was Thursday of last week and today I was 174 so I lost 4 lbs in a week

so as crazy as it sounds you should eat more

you should also change up your workout routine

I change mine every 30 days so that my body doesn't get used to it

like this month I am doing body pump for strength training M-F and cardio in the evenings so I am doing more strength this month than anything and have already started to notice a difference

good luck
  • cvcman
    cvcman Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    So PP I should eat 606 calories a day ??????????????????????? Are you for real....This site tells me to eat more >>>>>im hoping you were joking

And im not gaining weight im just not loosing...I would love to know who came up with your idea.
  • Klein1475
    Klein1475 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi... You have hit a plateau and those are so frustrating... Change up some things that you are doing and trick your body... Your body has gotten use to what you are doing... Change things up and you will start losing again...

Take care,

Tammy
  • pp67
    Options
    cvcman, are you overweight or just needing to lose a few pounds. Your critical response then tells me your not that much overweight, like I am, so your calculations will need to be different. BTW... my info is from doctors and nutritionists only!! I can only give you another way of looking at your situation, nicely, it's up to you how you take it, not so nicely, and do with what you will. That's all anyone's response to you can be. Good luck with your journey and I hope you achieve your goal whichever way you set about achieving it.
  • cvcman
    cvcman Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    PP, well im 5'9" tall and weigh 158, as I stated in my post I want to drop about 10 more pounds. The calc you gave is insane, If a Dr gave you that info you need a new Dr, that figure would kill a normal person unless maybe you weighed 500 pounds. I assume you didnt read my post or go to my info.
    I would try to be carefull throwing info like that around because some people MAY think that will work....They would be in BIG trouble if they did what you told me to do. Not being trying to be mean but there are MANY more questions to ask or re-read the posters questions,comments and personal info.
    You are probably trying to help im sure but again be carefull please !!!!
  • pp67
    Options
    No prob. I'm sure you will find what will work for you. I'm currently 113 lbs overweight and am 3 lbs off losing 30 lbs in 3 months, so far equalling 10 lbs every month, and I'm still losing weight and the month is not over yet! What is working for me is matching my eating calories with my exercise calories. That's it. Granted some days I'm below 1000 calories, other days I'm above. Gosh even yesterday I was (reluctantly) truthful with myself and ended up calculating my eating calories to being 2100!! But... I made sure I matched them with my exercise calories and this morning the scales bounced between what they were yesterday morning and dropping even further. So... you may not like what I write and you are absolutely welcome, it's your choice what you do with whatever info you receive. As I stated, I'm just giving you another perspective that is simply working for me. To me it's really quite simple... match your eating calories with your exercise calories and your body will do what you want it to do... lose the weight/fat.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I another "eat more" person. I net 2000 on average and have lost 7lbs in 2 months which is a great rate for me and anyone with a limited amount of weight to lose.